Quantity over quality — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Quantity over quality

Options
Sandy_123
Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,662 Disability Gamechanger
What do you think, is it better to do more or do things and give quality?  Could be based on anything really. I think personally less is more. The better you do that one thing and take time to actually do it properly, is better then just rushing by.

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I used to be a real perfectionist and wouldn't do anything until I could do it properly and perfectly and would get really stressed over it, so nothing would ever get done. So in some things quantity and doing anything I think is better than quality. 
    But usually I'd said quality is more important. 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I don't know if that made sense :D 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It does make sense @Biblioklept :) 

I'd prefer quality, although it can depend on what the situation is. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Yeah it does make sense @Biblioklept lol
     I find if you take time to do something, you get a better result, then rushing by and  doing 10 things any old how. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Would agree with @Ross_Scope it depends on the situation, but generally I would prefer to do one thing well than several things poorly
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Sandy_123
    Options
    I think you get more satisfaction @woodbine
  • Viola
    Viola Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    Options
    I'm also a bit of a perfectionist and a big over-thinker, so while I always want what I do to be great, if I actually want to do anything I have to let that go!  :D

But in terms of friends or possessions, I'd always prefer quality over quantity!
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    In freinds quality yes always. 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    More haste, less speed. Definitely prefer quality over quantity nine times out of ten.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Yeah I agree @leecal. You can give more  beneficial 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It depends on the situation quality is sometimes better than quantity  my example is shoes I wouuld never pay over 10.00 for a pair of shoes  I would rather have 10 pairs of shoes rather than pay 100.00 for one pair which I have seen people do 

Friendship I take people as they are I dont think you can put quality into that situation  but good quality food over quantity  I may do now and again and in work you need good quality 
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    I disagree with friendship,  you can have 20 freinds but only 1 or 2  will be real true close freinds. I have lots of freinds but only 1 that is there properly, the rest are just how are you, every now and then a once in a blue moon coffee, then off to gossip about you.  That 1 will support in happy and sad times and loyal. 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I agree with you on friendship @Sandy_123. Close friends of high quality is much more important than just loads of friends. <3

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.