If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled Students Allowance for foundation year

Options
JumpingJames
JumpingJames Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
Hello scope,

I am doing a bsc physiotherapy, with the first year a foundation year at college, and the next three years in the university (so four years in total). Please see this link for the course I am doing: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/courses/2023/foundation-to-human-and-animal-health-professions-physiotherapy-year-0?

I have already had my needs assessment but the University of Liverpool says that I cannot get my DSA because I am doing a foundation year on it, I do not believe this is correct because the foundation year is an integral part of the BSc and not a separate qualification. 

Because the foundation year is an integral part of the degree is the reason I can get a full SFE tuition fee and maintenance loan despite already having a degree. Can anybody here who is an expert please shed light on this situation and advise me if I can get DSA funding for my foundation physiotherapy degree. 

Thank you, James.

Tagged:

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.