Hi, my name is evansj! What can I do to get help from the council about 2 dogs in my building? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is evansj! What can I do to get help from the council about 2 dogs in my building?

Options
evansj
evansj Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Living in ground floor council flat, two dogs above separate flats one barking at every sound communual  entrance for four flats, attacking my cat when either let out through window(only way) or sitting in window, run up path when see her, causing a lot off stress and anxiety for me and pet, what can I do too get help from council .

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

If pets are allowed in the flats then there isn't much yiy can do though I get how annoying it can be 

You could request a move due to the affect it is having on you but social housing flats are not easy to come by 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @evansj I'm sorry to hear about the distress to your cat, and to you, from other pets where you are living. Have you spoken with the dog owners about what you might do to help calm things down?

Sometimes cat owners find that plug ins you can buy for stress and anxiety really help, is that something you've explored?

As Jane suggests you may be able to request to move due to the impact on you, but this might be a challenge. In case of emergency housing, this is only offered on the basis that you feel unsafe, or need to leave for your own safety.

Let us know if we can help with anything further :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @evansj :) 

This sounds like a distressing situation, so I'm sorry it's something you and your cat have had to go through.

Along with the advice above, I was wondering whether you might find the following pages helpful:
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.