If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What should I expect at a F2F WCA? Should I take copies of my x-rays?

Options
Godiva
Godiva Community member Posts: 12 Connected
edited July 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, can someone please tell me what to expect at a face to face LCW assessment.  Also should I take copies of my X-rays to the assessment?  thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,107 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will be asked questions about how your conditions affect you and how you manage day to day life. The process is for them to assess your ability to do any type of work.
    You can take evidence with you, though the best time to have sent it was when you returned the form. If it's the actual Xray images you have then i can't see how this will help and when it's added to the computer i'm unsure whether they will be able to view it. An Xray doesn't tell them how you're affected by your conditions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Godiva
    Options
    Ok thank you.  I didnt have the x-ray report at the time (been waiting since March).  So it is similar to a PIP assessment then but more work related.  Thank you for taking the time to reply.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, similar to PIP. You will only receive extra money each month if you're found to have LCWRA. You can see the descriptors here for that. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work-related-activity

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Godiva
    Options
    Thank you for this.  I will probably be deemed able to work because I can push a button and hold a pen.  It is not particularly about claiming money it is more about having to attend the job centre and having to search for jobs I cannot do.  So hopefully I will get awarded LCW.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Let us know if we can help with anything else in the meantime @Godiva and I hope the assessment goes well for you!

Update us as and when you can :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Godiva said:
    Thank you for this.  I will probably be deemed able to work because I can push a button and hold a pen.  It is not particularly about claiming money it is more about having to attend the job centre and having to search for jobs I cannot do.  So hopefully I will get awarded LCW.

Just because a person can hold a pen and push a button it doesn't mean they will be found fit for work. Lots of people are found to have LCWRA. One of the most popular questions for UC is "when can i expect the LCWRA to be paid" Just do a search in the UC part of the forum.
    I've been in the Support Group for ESA (same as LCWRA) for almost 10 years and never had any problems remaining there.
  • Godiva
    Options
    That is encouraging!  Thank you, will update when I know the outcome it might be useful for someone else.
  • Godiva
    Options
    Having looked into this a bit more I think I will be going down the line of risk of harm to me physically.  I have some collapsed vertebrae with nerve damage/spinal column damage following a failed spinal fusion.  I just hope I have my MRI results before I go for my assessment which is in 10 days so I might not have them.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If it's all physical conditions have you looked at mobilising descriptor? Please be aware that they also take into consideration your ability to use a self propel wheel chair.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.