If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal win

Options
Itsasecret
Itsasecret Community member Posts: 15 Listener
hello everyone I'm not new here (cant access my other account) just wanted to come and share my story to maybe give someone hope. I had my pip tribunal today and was awarded enhanced for both rates it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be i have ptsd anxiety and depression and was awarded 0 points at assessment and MR stage then at the beginning of the tribunal the dwp said they had a confession and read out what points i should get which was enhanced for both rates they asked a couple questions but it was all over in 35 minutes so after 18 months i can finally relax stress free! all i can say is don't give up if you are refused at MR its crazy how the dwp had confessed they were wrong but let it get to tribunal stage! they had all my medical records from the beginning but i could tell on my first ever refusal that they didn't look at any of it so it seems by tribunal stage they had no choice but to actually look and see i was entitled after all :smile: does anyone know how long it takes to receive back pay? thanks for reading :smile:  

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations @Itsasecret that's great news! Thank you for taking the time to share what's happened with the community, I'm certain it will help anyone reading to know that it's worth looking into if you can present a strong enough case :)

Hopefully it won't take too long for your back pay to be processed now, it might mention it in a confirmation letter if you haven't already received one?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • asg23
    asg23 Community member Posts: 58 Connected
    Options
    Hi I have a question 
    firstly congratulations bet you are so relieved 
    i need to send my tribunal  form off which I intend to do so tomorrow 
    my medical record is far too big to  and send shall I write on the notes that they can access my
    medic records due to this reason as I have agreed for them to have access? 

If you have any tips please could you share

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,101 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    asg23 said:
    my medical record is far too big to  and send shall I write on the notes that they can access my
    They rarely contact anyone for any evidence. If the Tribunal want you to send your medical records they will ask you to do that. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    asg23 said:
    Hi I have a question 
    firstly congratulations bet you are so relieved 
    i need to send my tribunal  form off which I intend to do so tomorrow 

If you have any tips please could you share
    You can certainly inform them that you have your medical records and can provide them if required. However you might wish to review whether there are any particular parts that would support your claim. Sending everything is unlikely to be helpful because records tend to be repetitive.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Itsasecret
    Options
    my advice would be to give all your medical records no matter how big because my first tribunal was adjourned in march for them physically wanting them @asg23
  • Itsasecret
    Options
    the tribunal didnt ask me for my records prior to my first hearing they waited for the day then adjourned it and sent me a form in the post to sign to give them permission to access it they then sent a copy to dwp and to me @asg23 i hope this helps
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,101 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    my advice would be to give all your medical records no matter how big because my first tribunal was adjourned in march for them physically wanting them @asg23

I personally don't think it's helpful to send huge amounts of medical evidence like this. It's a totally different story if they ask for them between specific dates.
    I have so much medical records after having many different medical conditions since i was a very small child, it would be ridiculous to send all of those.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Itsasecret
    Options
    was just going with what they asked of me they said they was only requesting for the past 3 years when it arrived it had a few things from when i was younger but not every single thing. In my case the medical evidence helped me win as its all i had for them to go on ive heard of a lot of adjournments and just think add what you can obviously not all of it but some relevant bits (if any) as it may save any delays 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad you got there in the end @Itsasecret but what a shame with how long it took, not good for people's stress and mental health.
  • tanbang
    tanbang Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Options
    Hello I have a telephone tribunal in November I scored 0 on everything 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.