Which dress code do you prefer? What is your favourite colour coordination in art and fashion? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Which dress code do you prefer? What is your favourite colour coordination in art and fashion?

Options
chloeblue04
chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
Good Evening 

Tonight's topics in honour of fashionistas, fashion lovers, art enthusiasts and interior lovers everywhere are Which dress code do you prefer? Formal, casual or smart casual
and What is your favourite colour coordination in art and fashion? 

Personally I like all three of them depending on the dress code for any special occasion. 

My favourite colour coordination in fashion is blue and white and mostly I like to choose anything that would suit my favourite party colours. 

For the colour coordination in art, I like bright, subtle and dark colours rather than pastel colours and the same goes for the interior designs. 

Please share your thoughts and comments. Do share your opinions.   :)

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @chloeblue04 what a fun topic to discuss!

Personally I'm happiest in casual clothes, because that's when I feel most relaxed :) It is fun to dress up formally every now and then though.

Looking at my wardrobe, I own a lot of navy coloured clothes, but some brighter colours too. I think it depends on my mood what colour I decide to wear. I do have a soft spot for mustard yellow!

I find more neutral colours are the most relaxing for interior design, and makes a room a more peaceful space.

I would love to know what other people think as well :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you Alex-Scope my dear I'm glad you appreciate the topic I came up with.  :*
  • Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    I like to wear casual for comfort but I also enjoy dressing up now and again. I wear smart casual for work so don’t tend to dress like that out of work hours.
    Interiors for me, well I like to go for the colours of nature, so basically anything you see outside. 
    We’re planning on decorating the dining room in the next few weeks and it going to be jungle themed (not too over the top though) greens with lots of bright in your face colour accents and a feature wall. 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would say a mix between casual and smart casual, depending on the event :)  But if I'm at home, always casual.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Because of my conditions, I find jeans really uncomfortable and like they don’t feel right on me (weird I know!). I wear tracksuit bottoms around the house but at events I do like wearing a suit. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hear you @bg844. I also find jeans uncomfortable. I much prefer leggings or jeggings as casual wear at home. However, if I am at work or other formal events I do like wearing trousers and a smart top  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Missykittykat
    Missykittykat Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi I’m new here and I love to dress quirky, gothic, punky and fun. I love vintage and my favourite colour combo is purple, duck egg blue and pinks. As an artist I just love all colours and styles. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Missykittykat

Welcome to the community! :) I also love vintage fashions. Do you have a particular era you always lean towards or do you like to try a bit of everything? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    I`m not in the least "arty" and as for fashion, so long as I am warm in winter and cool in summer - anything goes.
    As for dress code, I work from home so I have 2 codes: warm and cold codes.  The warm code is boxers and t-shirt (plus shorts if I`m expecting visitors) and the cold code is fleecy leggings, t-shirt and fleecy top; the cold will dictate between slippers or flip flops.
    As for colour: blue, blue and blue. I don`t care what shade, so long as it is blue :)
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 755 Pioneering
    Options
    Winter
    Harrington jackets/ Crombie coat,  sta pressed trousers, shirts/ t-shirts, Doc Marten boots or Adidas Samba trainers for going out (stuck in a skinhead warp ... the Ska loving kind) 

Spring Summer Autumn
    Knee length denim shorts, t-shirts and boots or trainers

At home t-shirts and boxer shorts.  All neighbours and people who call no longer blink.
    Even the postmen and Evri drivers are used to it.  

Burgundies, greys, blues, mustard, tan and black.  With the odd smattering of cerise and pink

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.