Hi, my name is CAPETOWN2000! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is CAPETOWN2000!

Options
CAPETOWN2000
CAPETOWN2000 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I BOUGHT A NEW CAR ADAPTED WITH HAND CONTROLS AS I'M A PARAPLEGIC. I MANAGED WITH GREAT DIFFICULTY TO PURCHASE WITHOUT VAT.  MOST CAR DEALERS CAN'T OR WON'T OR DECLINE TO PROCESS HMRC FORM VAT1615A BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T SEEN IT BEFORE AND IS TOO MUCH HASSLE FOR THEM. NOW I CAN'T PURCHASE A SERVICE PLAN WITHOUT VAT FOR MY CAR BECAUSE THE SERVICING IS DEALT WITH BY A FINANCE COMPANY WHO CAN'T OR WON'T OR DECLINE TO PROCESS.....YET I EMAILED THE HMRC FORMS OUTLINING THE SERVICING OF SUCH VEHICLES ALSO QUALIFIES FOR 0% VAT STILL THEY REJECT....THIS IS DISCRIMINATION DENYING ME VAT RELIEF.....I WOULD HAVE TO PAY VAT WHEN I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO...ANY THOUGHTS OR COMMENTS?

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @CAPETOWN2000 How are you this evening?

To help our members share their thoughts with you, I'll be moving this post over to our transport category.

Please feel free to have a look around the forum whenever you are ready, you can browse different topics on our categories page or chat with members in the Coffee Lounge.

If you'd like to see the most recent things people have been chatting about then you can also visit recent discussions.

Let us know if you need a hand with anything or have any questions, and enjoy exploring the community.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.