If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is VECTOR! I have just bought a Green Mobility Faster scooter

Options
VECTOR
VECTOR Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited September 2022 in Aids, adaptations, and equipment
I have just bought a Green Mobility Faster scooter and with to take it to France to my second home. Can you please tell me how I can convert it to travel at the faster speed

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,650 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @VECTOR and welcome to the community, how are you?

​This is a very supportive and welcoming site to be a part of so I’m hopeful that you’ll find it to be a positive outlet. Feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 I have included below a few of the pages I’d recommend having a look through to get used to things:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

I have moved your thread over to our aids, adaptations and equipment category and tagged it as unanswered :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,995 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I didn't realise you were able to convert mobility scooters to go faster
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @VECTOR :) I'm not sure how you could convert it to travel at a higher speed. Have you asked anyone at the retailer you bought the scooter from? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I am no expert buf as far as I am aware the speed 8s set dependant on type of scooter eg if a road scooter 8mph others at 4mph 

To use it on road there are certain criteria (sorry dint know what they are ) buf you will no doubt find details online.

So bearing this in mind I'm not sure you can increase the speed unless its dual function max speed 8mph.
  • gray1
    gray1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 12 Connected
    edited July 2022
    Options

@VECTOR
    On that style scooter there is a little switch at the back of the scooter under the number plate area a little red rocker switch.
    I would recommend doing at least 30 miles in it before going to France.
    I and others have found that style of scooter to be extremely problematic on the new builds 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks you for sharing that @gray1 :) 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• VECTOR
    Options
    Gray1. Thanks for the information, but I can’t find a little red rocker switch on my scooter. Do I have to unscrew a plate to find it please
  • gray1
    Options
    @ Vector Is it a new one?
  • gray1
    Options
    @VECTOR if its new look under the body of the scooter. You will see the motor.  On some wiring in that area look for a rocker switch. It maybe a different colour 
  • Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,793 Pioneering
    edited July 2022
    Options
    You have raised an important point - EU limits are now (double UK limits) 16mph on the road but still 4mph on pavements !

• VECTOR
    Options
    Gray1. Thanks for your tip, but in for I don't have a rocker switch.  I have several wires not connected   may be one of these 
  • gray1
    Options
    @VECTOR youre better off not using it anyway. These type  scooters struggle with with a power surge when slowing down to fast. Its a known fault. Also the trip switches burn out on them. There will be a switch on a loom some where.
    Best of luck and I hope you've got one of the good ones. 
    Sorry to be a downer.

• VECTOR
    Options
    gray1. Thanks for your advice, I won’t bother about the higher speed setting. You say hope I’ve got one of the better ones. I didn’t realise that there was a problem with some of the green mobility scooters. Mine seems ok but time will tell I guess
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.