If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip missed phone call

Options
Presario05
Presario05 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
Hi,
I received a phone call on Tuesday from PIP and just said she will call back.  I work in a building where we do not have mobile phone signal, so I change my voicemail to say this and that I can only get signal at lunch. 
No one called again.
I tried calling on my breaks for 2 days and was on hokd for 45mins each time x 3, and by time home after work it's whennthey are closed.
Will they just cut me off cause if this?  Should I be worried it's bad news?
I was sent my review back in Feb, filled in and still heard nothing, but as it stands still getting payments.
I just don't know why they would call  if bad news would they just not put it in writing?  I'm just expecting worse.  But I don't know what to do re phone called missed .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,101 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They may have just called to ask you some questions but i can only guess what the reason was. It often takes an hour for someone to answer the phone because they are always so busy.
    The best time to call is usually as soon as they open at 9am, so if you have a day off through the week, try calling then.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Presario05 :) How are you doing today? I hope you're managing okay in the heat! 

I can imagine it'd be quite stressful to have missed those calls. Would you be able to ring them back first thing in the morning any time next week as poppy123456 has suggested? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Presario05
    Options
    They may have just called to ask you some questions but i can only guess what the reason was. It often takes an hour for someone to answer the phone because they are always so busy.
    The best time to call is usually as soon as they open at 9am, so if you have a day off through the week, try calling then.
    I'm going to struggle.  I work 8 till 5pm.
    I finish work on Fridays at 2 30pm, so I will try again then, and this time keep on phone until someone answers 

Very distressing in meantime.
  • MrBrightside
    MrBrightside Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    edited July 2022
    Options
    The call waiting times are outrageous. Good job they're free, bit just adds to the whole anxiety of applying, and waiting for, PIP. I wouldn't be surprised to hear people just give (their applications). 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,101 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     I would be surprised to hear people just give (their applications). 
    If you mean paper based assessments then they are rare but definitely happen. My daughters had two, one last year and 1 the review before that. I had one for my review last year. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Presario05
    Options
    Eventually got through to pip today.  Trying numerous time but after 40mins wait have been putting phone down.
    Today off work so called and waited 55min to be answered which is joke in itself.
    Got asked following questions:
    How's your grip?   Strange question as my condition nothing to do with grip.
    Then
    Does your medication work.  Yes but I need to take it 30mins before I get up and when it runs out I'm in horrendous pain again.
    Then
    How many good days opposed to bad days.  How do you answer this.  
    With no medication I could not get out of bed.  With meds can get out of bed.
    So in my opinion based on no meds no good days!!  
    Apparently my walking better than last time.  Didn't realise but it is slightly aa I've had 2 hip replacement but I still need aids to walk.  
    See what happens now.  They just said would tell case manager   
    So, I am worried.  I found them a little tricky questions abs very open.  
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    When medication is available to help your condition you are expected to take it. However delays on medication taking effect can have an impact.

2.1.13…..For example If a claimant takes medication (such as painkillers) allows the individual to carry out activities reliably when they need to throughout the day then the claimant can still complete the activity reliably when required. For example, if a claimant takes painkillers as soon as they wake and they can get washed and dressed soon afterwards they would not score under these activities.

2.1.14 If however, the medication did not start to work for a significant period such as to delay the claimant going about their daily business then the HP should consider a scoring descriptor. For example, if a claimant takes painkillers as soon as they wake but they have to delay the task of getting washed and dressed for 2 hours until the painkillers take effect then the HP should consider what help is required to carry out the activities reliably at the time the claimant would normally carry out those activities.

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Presario05
    Options
    Thanks.  Well Meds do work but takes about 30-40mins before I can do anything.
    They also talked about mental health.  I'm frustrated due to what I can and cannot do but I'm not classed and won't class myself as mental issues.  I just want to be honest on what I can and cannot do.  
    So I'm hoping now I get sorted and if I have to appeal as they make wrong decision I will.  But just hope now I get something quick as been waiting 6 mths passed my official date without the extension due to covid.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Presario05 How have things been for you more recently? I appreciate it has been a little while since you last posted on this thread now.

I want to make sure you have access to the support you need and deserve but I am also aware that things might have changed since.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to help. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.