If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

£650 Stimulus payment But I am Receiving ESA & PIP ???

Options
melissahicking2019
melissahicking2019 Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
Hi every1, just a quick question i am unsure about. online i see it says the following.

Who can get the £650 payment?

According to the Government’s guidance, the payment will be given to more than eight million households on means tested benefits, including those receiving the following:

• Universal credit
  • Income-based jobseekers allowance
  • Income-related employment and support allowance
  • Income support
  • Working tax credit
  • Child tax credit
  • Pension credit

Who misses out on the £650 payment?

In an interview with the Chancellor after his announcement, Martin Lewis pointed out that people on certain benefits, such as contribution-based employment and support allowance and personal independence payments (PIP), would miss out.

I myself receive ESA Income related & Lower rates of PIP.

Am i eligible or not.. 

in 1 case i am in another i am not.. Im a little confused by this.

Thank you.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I myself receive ESA Income related & Lower rates of PIP.
    From what you yourself quoted

Who can get the £650 payment?

According to the Government’s guidance, the payment will be given to more than eight million households on means tested benefits, including those receiving the following:

• Universal credit
    • Income-based jobseekers allowance
    • Income-related employment and support allowance
    • Income support
    • Working tax credit
    • Child tax credit
    • Pension credit
    So you are eligible.

You will also get £150 for being on PIP (to be paid in September).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,140 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes because you're receiving Income Related ESA. First payment of £326 will be paid between 14th-31st July. Next payment of £324 will be paid sometime in the Autumn.
    You will also receive the £150 in September because you're claiming PIP.
    If you're named on an energy account you will also receive £400 onto your energy account over a period of 6 months from October.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • melissahicking2019
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Yes because you're receiving Income Related ESA. First payment of £326 will be paid between 14th-31st July. Next payment of £324 will be paid sometime in the Autumn.
    You will also receive the £150 in September because you're claiming PIP.
    If you're named on an energy account you will also receive £400 onto your energy account over a period of 6 months from October.

Ok brilliant, thought i was going be refused because of the PIP. thank you for telling me, i wasnt expecting it really.

1 more question tho, will the Energy payments be automatic and if not who do i apply to. Thank you.

• calcotti
    Options
    melissahicking2019 said: 1 more question tho, will the Energy payments be automatic and if not who do i apply to. Thank you.
    The scheme should be administered automatically by your electricity supplier.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • melissahicking2019
    Options
    calcotti said:
    melissahicking2019 said: 1 more question tho, will the Energy payments be automatic and if not who do i apply to. Thank you.
    The scheme should be administered automatically by your electricity supplier.

ok thank you.

• easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Options
    Please may I also ask if you will be paid £650 if you get both IR and CB ESA.
  • poppy123456
    edited July 2022
    Options
    easy said:
    Please may I also ask if you will be paid £650 if you get both IR and CB ESA.
    Yes because part of your ESA is Income Related.
    Advised on your other thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/92653/qualifying-for-government-help#latest
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • easy
    Options
  • just4once
    just4once Scope Member Posts: 87 Courageous
    Options
    I get contributions based esa and uc and pip don’t think I will get this payment 

• poppy123456
    Options
    just4once said:
    I get contributions based esa and uc and pip don’t think I will get this payment 

As you’re claiming UC then you will be entitled to the first payment of £326 paid anytime up until 31st July. 
    You will also be entitled to the £150 in September because you’re claiming PIP.
    see link for full details. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment
  • Purplewitch
    Purplewitch Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Do I have to declare savings when on contribution based esa 
  • easy
    Options
    For information I am on ESA CB & IR and see on my Bank account payment of £326 paid in this morning.
  • calcotti
    Options
    Do I have to declare savings when on contribution based esa 
    Answered here
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/93599/hi-my-name-is-purplewitch#latest
    (It isn't helpful to post the same question in several threads.)
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.