If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is kezyred! I've just been awarded LCWRA. How's the backdate worked out?

Options
kezyred
kezyred Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi.. I have just been awarded lcwra.
I wanted to know how the back date works out..
I went on uc in May 2019 due to been health issues I have given sick note none stop since then.
In November 2021 I filled in the work capability form. 
They granted me it this week. 
They have said I'll get back pay of £2400.
Someone said that is wrong and it should go from 4month after my first sick note was handed in. Could u help me here.
Thank you 

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,995 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're correct it should be backdated to 3 full assessment periods after you first put in your fit note. Does it say on your letter what date they are backdating until?
  • kezyred
    kezyred Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    It says November 2021 to June 2022
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's for confirming that @kezyred I hope we've helped to answer your query. 

It must be a relief knowing you've been awarded and will be backdated too :)

This is a very supportive and welcoming community to join, so I hope you'll enjoy spending time here.

Please do feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 I've linked a few good starting places to explore and get to know other members below:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,995 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options
    kezyred said:
    It says November 2021 to June 2022
    I'd query why they're only backdated to Nov 2021 then as it sounds like it should be from May 2019 the 3 assessment period wait starts. It doesn't sound right!
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.