Stressful day — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stressful day

Options
MadCow1
MadCow1 Community member Posts: 395 Pioneering
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well?!

What a stressful day I have had.

Received my report from recent  mental health triage, the person I spoke to didn't put half of what I told her in the report. I got that stressed out I phoned Samaritans,but at least I have a referral,so it's a calm end to the day.

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,893 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MadCow1 glad you got your referral after a stressful day. Its also good you used a helpline. Are you just relaxing now.
  • MadCow1
    Options
    Yes Sandy _123, just relaxing now. The hot weather doesn't help though,I'm not good with the heat.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,893 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes it's a warm 1 tonight, nice breeze from the window tho
  • MadCow1
    Options
    Yes it is warm  & I agree that there's a cooling breeze,but because of my phobia of arachnids,(I can't even say or type the word s*I**r)my  bedroom window stays firmly shut,ha ha ha.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you had such a stressful day @MadCow1. How are you feeling today? 

I'm glad that you felt able to reach out to Samaritans for support when you needed it. Please do continue to use those helplines, along with 999 in the case of an emergency. 

Hopefully you'll be able to explain more about your experiences and the challenges you face with someone later on in the process :) Have they said what will happen next?

It's certainly very warm! Make sure you stay hydrated and keep yourself as cool as you can.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • MadCow1
    Options
    Hi Tori_Scope, 

I feel much better today thank you.

I got a phone call to say that I have an appointment booked for 4th August with Community Treatment Team,so I will be able to go into more detail about how I feel,face to face, that's why I am feeling better today & much calmer. I am taking a friend with me to the appointment.

I am not looking forward to the weather getting hotter.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for updating us @MadCow1 I'm glad you're feeling better today, and you'll have a friend to support you at the appointment :)

And as for the weather, I wish we had air conditioning!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    That's good to hear @MadCow1 :) How are you getting on?

Yes, it was far too hot! I hope you managed to get through it okay. Fingers crossed the worst of it is behind us for the time being.

• MadCow1
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well?

Sorry I didn't comment yesterday,I was totally wiped out with the heat. 

Went to physio appointment,he checked me over & gave me exercises to do at home, but if no improvement   in 2 months I can contact him & make an appointment to see him again.

It was a tiny room & he had trainee in,so can you imagine the heat in that room?!

Pleased that today is cooler.

Stay safe.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    There's no need to apologise @MadCow1! It was so hot earlier this week I think we've all been feeling a bit wiped out. 

How are you feeling about doing the exercises at home? 

• MadCow1
    Options
    Hi @Tori_Scope,

Hope you are okay?

To be honest,I just wish these doctors would take things seriously.

I have been doing the exercises,but at the moment I don't feel any improvement,although it is early days.

I will,if it doesn't work after 2 months,be contacting him again.

He told me to contact docs again about my ankles & left arm clicking & request x-rays.

I feel like I am just getting passed around & not been taken seriously.

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    It can be tough to feel as though you're not being taken seriously, but try to keep going @madcow1 :) 

From my own experience, it can be a little while before you start to feel the positive effects of doing exercises, but it can be well worth the effort. It's good that you'll be able to contact them again if you don't feel things are improving at all. 

Is your doctor supportive? 

• MadCow1
    Options
    Hi @Tori_Scope

Well they are all new docs on panel,others have retired & it's pot luck to who you get,plus it can be a different one each time,so they don't know me really. I am keep having to push about my mental health,as they don't take my anxiety seriously.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.