If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi my name is nev. I put in for PIP in April, and had my assesment 10th June. How long does it take?

Options
Miarose17
Miarose17 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
edited July 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I put in for pip in april 2022 had my assesment 10th june they txt saying they have received report and then got a letter saying they have enough evidence iv been diagnosed with fibro and osteoarthritus in my knees and stage 3 in my hips its the waiting i cant stand how long does it take anybody know

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Between 2-12 weeks for a decision. Once it's made you'll receive the decision letter. If successfully awarded then payment usually goes into your bank before you receive the decision letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good morning @Miarose17 and thanks for reaching out today :)

As mentioned, after your assessment it can take anywhere between 2-12 weeks for a decision to be made, so I'm afraid it's a bit of a waiting game. 

Do you feel like you're getting enough support to manage your conditions day to day at the moment?

It sounds like you managed to have your assessment fairly quickly after applying, so that's the hard part done. I know the waiting can be quite stressful and difficult to manage. It can be easy to jump to conclusions and worry, but the best thing to do is to put it to the back of your mind if you can. 

Focus on things that you enjoy, and which help you to relax. If it helps, you can spend some time on the forum. Here are a few good places to start:

If you need a hand with anything let us know, and I hope you find the community a friendly and welcoming place to be! Let us know when you hear more :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Miarose17
    Options
    Thankyou alex 
  • Miarose17
    Options
    Thankyou i will deffo let you know thanks 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @Miarose17. It is the very least you deserve. Wishing you all the best of luck with it and looking forward to hearing how it goes if you want to share it with us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Miarose17
    Options
    Hi ive been awarded low rate mobility and standard rate now im waiting on an work capability assesment it says its at thf decision makers its been there since 30th july how long does it take thanks nev
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Miarose17 If it’s with the assessment provider there’s no fixed timescale for an appointment, give it another month and phone to ask what’s going on. Once you have had an assessment it’ll take between 2-12 weeks for a decision to be made, this may be longer but all arrears will be backdated to the 4th AP.
  • Miarose17
    Options
    Hi ive just got lcwra wot happens now
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Miarose17 said:
    You will receive extra money from the 4th month after you reported your health condition.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Miarose17
    Options
    Im on esa will i have to still send sicknotes in and how long do you stay on the lcwra for
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Miarose17 said:
    Im on esa will i have to still send sicknotes in and how long do you stay on the lcwra for

LCWRA is part of UC are you claiming ESA as well as UC? LCWRA is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise.
  • Miarose17
    Options
    Yes im on uc aswell
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That means this will apply.
    Miarose17 said:
    You will receive extra money from the 4th month after you reported your health condition.

When it's paid from exactly will depend what date you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note and what date you usually receive your money each month.
    For your ESA the extra money will be paid from the 14th week of your claim. You need to make sure you tell ESA what the decision was on your WCA.
    Your ESA will continue to be deducted in full from any UC entitlement.
  • Miarose17
    Options
    Hi how you doing thanks
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Miarose17. I am good thank you. How are you at the moment?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Miarose17
    Options
    Yes im fine thankyou
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.