CBD — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CBD

Options
Wibbles
Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,603 Pioneering
Has anyone tried this for pain?
Did it help!? 

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've read up on it a bit thanks to some links on here but not yet tried it. 
  • Wibbles
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I am tempted but don't know enough about it !
    I have used hemp cream but am totally unimpressed with it - it did nothing that vaseline can't do
    I suffer from excruciating pain from my knees and back -that cause me to freeze with the pain - this claims to help
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds extremely painful @Wibbles :( I hope you are able to find something to relieve at least some of the pain and make it more manageable! 
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @discobar :) Thank you for sharing that with us. How is he coping with his new diagnosis? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Options
    I bought some about a year ago but have been a little nervous to take it. My friend keeps asking me if I have taken any but dont really know how to answer her. Any tips?
  • Wibbles
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I bought some about a year ago but have been a little nervous to take it. My friend keeps asking me if I have taken any but dont really know how to answer her. Any tips?
    Same here
    I know that it's not cannabis but....
    I am on naproxen permanently.but don't want to be 
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    What's making you nervous about trying it @littleacorn

Have you spoken to your doctor or another medical professional to tell them that you're considering trying it? 

• littleacorn
    Options
    No not spoken to any professional just done my own research into what to take and how to use it.
  • littleacorn
    Options
    I tell a lie there I spoke to a pharmacist who pointed me to the NHS website which was not very informative.
  • littleacorn
    Options
    I am nervous as to how it will make me feel. I dont like taking opiate medication because of the way it makes me feel and amd somewhere in my mind I think it might make me feel the same. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have heard it is very successful and with very few side effects, understandably you are worried as I would be too. 
    If you are nervous then why not put it away for a while and then decide?
  • littleacorn
    Options
    The bottle has been lying there for nearly 6 months. Hopefully I will get the guts to try it soon.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Make sure you are taking care of yourself @littleacorn. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
     I dont like taking opiate medication
    Hi,
    If you are referring to CBD as an opioid, it isn`t. 
    I was going to use CBD a few months back, but it clashes with medication I take for hypertension.

• littleacorn
    Options
    I am aware of that but its the effects that bother me or the potential effects. I dont think manynpeople are aware that it can be used for other things. I knkw someone who takes it for anxiety
  • Wibbles
    Options
    Where can you safely buy it from? 
  • littleacorn
    Options
    This is a difficult one? I find the ones the  high street store sell are not strong enough. I read lots of information and visited many different sellers until I found someone who I felt I had confidence in and they knew what theybwere talking about. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For those expressing an interest in CBD:

I have been using this CBD for 4 years, which contains CBDa which helps with pain: https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk/products/green-cbd-oil?variant=37927970963639  &, if you scroll down to the section, 'How to Use,' you will see how this ethical company recommends to start taking this. You place the drops under your tongue, then swallow a couple of minutes later. The only caveat is that CBD is broken down by the same liver enzymes that break down over 95% of prescribed meds, so you should discuss this with your pharmacist/GP prior to taking this. If you do take such meds, then for safety, a 4 hour gap is recommended between taking these & CBD.

It can take between 2-8 weeks to find any benefit, so patience is needed. It can initially cause some dehydration, so drink a little extra water.

The company I use now has CBD transdermal patches, which can however be used safely as these are absorbed by the skin rather than the gut: https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk/collections/cbd-patches  Still wise to discuss these with your GP/pharmacist.

• Wibbles
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    For those expressing an interest in CBD:

I have been using this CBD for 4 years, which contains CBDa which helps with pain: https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk/products/green-cbd-oil?variant=37927970963639  &, if you scroll down to the section, 'How to Use,' you will see how this ethical company recommends to start taking this. You place the drops under your tongue, then swallow a couple of minutes later. The only caveat is that CBD is broken down by the same liver enzymes that break down over 95% of prescribed meds, so you should discuss this with your pharmacist/GP prior to taking this. If you do take such meds, then for safety, a 4 hour gap is recommended between taking these & CBD.

It can take between 2-8 weeks to find any benefit, so patience is needed. It can initially cause some dehydration, so drink a little extra water.

The company I use now has CBD transdermal patches, which can however be used safely as these are absorbed by the skin rather than the gut: https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk/collections/cbd-patches  Still wise to discuss these with your GP/pharmacist.

Will it interact with NAPROXEN ?
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I'd encourage you to speak to your doctor or pharmacist about that @wibbles :) 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.