CBD

Wibbles
Wibbles Community member Posts: 2,137 Championing
Has anyone tried this for pain?
Did it help!? 

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,387 Championing
    I've read up on it a bit thanks to some links on here but not yet tried it. 
  • Wibbles
    edited July 2022
    I am tempted but don't know enough about it !
    I have used hemp cream but am totally unimpressed with it - it did nothing that vaseline can't do
    I suffer from excruciating pain from my knees and back -that cause me to freeze with the pain - this claims to help
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    That sounds extremely painful @Wibbles :( I hope you are able to find something to relieve at least some of the pain and make it more manageable! 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,445 Championing
    Welcome to the community @discobar :) Thank you for sharing that with us. How is he coping with his new diagnosis? 
  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 383 Empowering
    I bought some about a year ago but have been a little nervous to take it. My friend keeps asking me if I have taken any but dont really know how to answer her. Any tips?
  • Wibbles
    edited July 2022
    I bought some about a year ago but have been a little nervous to take it. My friend keeps asking me if I have taken any but dont really know how to answer her. Any tips?
    Same here
    I know that it's not cannabis but....
    I am on naproxen permanently.but don't want to be 
  • Tori_Scope
    What's making you nervous about trying it @littleacorn

Have you spoken to your doctor or another medical professional to tell them that you're considering trying it? 
  • littleacorn
    No not spoken to any professional just done my own research into what to take and how to use it.
  • littleacorn
    I tell a lie there I spoke to a pharmacist who pointed me to the NHS website which was not very informative.
  • littleacorn
    I am nervous as to how it will make me feel. I dont like taking opiate medication because of the way it makes me feel and amd somewhere in my mind I think it might make me feel the same. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,883 Championing
    I have heard it is very successful and with very few side effects, understandably you are worried as I would be too. 
    If you are nervous then why not put it away for a while and then decide?
  • littleacorn
    The bottle has been lying there for nearly 6 months. Hopefully I will get the guts to try it soon.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    Make sure you are taking care of yourself @littleacorn. We are all here for you  :)
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,107 Trailblazing
     I dont like taking opiate medication
    Hi,
    If you are referring to CBD as an opioid, it isn`t. 
    I was going to use CBD a few months back, but it clashes with medication I take for hypertension.

• littleacorn
    I am aware of that but its the effects that bother me or the potential effects. I dont think manynpeople are aware that it can be used for other things. I knkw someone who takes it for anxiety
  • Wibbles
    Where can you safely buy it from? 
  • littleacorn
    This is a difficult one? I find the ones the  high street store sell are not strong enough. I read lots of information and visited many different sellers until I found someone who I felt I had confidence in and they knew what theybwere talking about. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,487 Championing
    For those expressing an interest in CBD:

I have been using this CBD for 4 years, which contains CBDa which helps with pain: https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk/products/green-cbd-oil?variant=37927970963639  &, if you scroll down to the section, 'How to Use,' you will see how this ethical company recommends to start taking this. You place the drops under your tongue, then swallow a couple of minutes later. The only caveat is that CBD is broken down by the same liver enzymes that break down over 95% of prescribed meds, so you should discuss this with your pharmacist/GP prior to taking this. If you do take such meds, then for safety, a 4 hour gap is recommended between taking these & CBD.

It can take between 2-8 weeks to find any benefit, so patience is needed. It can initially cause some dehydration, so drink a little extra water.

The company I use now has CBD transdermal patches, which can however be used safely as these are absorbed by the skin rather than the gut: https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk/collections/cbd-patches  Still wise to discuss these with your GP/pharmacist.

• Wibbles
    chiarieds said:
    For those expressing an interest in CBD:

I have been using this CBD for 4 years, which contains CBDa which helps with pain: https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk/products/green-cbd-oil?variant=37927970963639  &, if you scroll down to the section, 'How to Use,' you will see how this ethical company recommends to start taking this. You place the drops under your tongue, then swallow a couple of minutes later. The only caveat is that CBD is broken down by the same liver enzymes that break down over 95% of prescribed meds, so you should discuss this with your pharmacist/GP prior to taking this. If you do take such meds, then for safety, a 4 hour gap is recommended between taking these & CBD.

It can take between 2-8 weeks to find any benefit, so patience is needed. It can initially cause some dehydration, so drink a little extra water.

The company I use now has CBD transdermal patches, which can however be used safely as these are absorbed by the skin rather than the gut: https://www.simply-cbd.co.uk/collections/cbd-patches  Still wise to discuss these with your GP/pharmacist.

Will it interact with NAPROXEN ?
  • Tori_Scope
    I'd encourage you to speak to your doctor or pharmacist about that @wibbles :)