If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cost Of Living Payment. I'm on UC and PIP with the LCWRA element. Anyone else on the same?

Options
Indego123
Indego123 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Loads of people have recieved theirs today with Barclays, apart from me :( It's making me think that maybe I'm not eligble for It, I'm on UC and PIP but also get the LCWRA element. Anyone else on the same?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Those that received it today will be because their bank releases funds on a Saturday but not all banks do that. Just because you haven't yet received it, it doesn't mean you're not entitled ( you are entitled) it just means you haven't received it. Expected dates to receive it will be anything up to 31st July.
    Not everyone's receievd it yet, my daughter is one of them and she's also entitled to it. It's only been 2 working days that the payments have started to be received.
    You will also receive the £150 in September because of your PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Indego123
    Options
    I'm with Barclays who always clear funds early so that Is why I was a bit worried, but thank you for the confirmation that I am entitled to It. :)
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Indego123 said:
     I'm on UC and PIP but also get the LCWRA element. 
    You are eligible, the LCWRA makes no difference, it's part of your UC.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Indego123
    Options
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am on the same benefits and haven't recieved mine yet so your not the only one its just one of those things some get it before others but nothing to worry about at this time 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,707 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Indego123 said:
    I'm with Barclays who always clear funds early so that Is why I was a bit worried, but thank you for the confirmation that I am entitled to It. :)
    They just haven't processed yours yet. As poppy123456 said it can be any time up until 31 July so that's why you're not seeing it pending or cleared early 
  • BOOKIE68
    BOOKIE68 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Options
    Can anyone help with a question regarding the cost of living payment please? I am on pip , my husband is my full time carer and he receives carers allowance, we also receive universal credit & I get lcwra , we are unsure if we will receive the payment, there is so much in the media that makes it all very complicated & confusing (especially for me!) Thank you so much Lynda 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @BOOKIE68

Yes you will get the £650 payment solution unto 2 payments the first being by 31st July of £326 the other will be paid in the autumn 

You will also get the £150 extra for being on pip paid some time in Sept 

Then the £400 credited to your energy account over 6 months starting in Oct 
  • BOOKIE68
    Options
    JANER1967 
    Thank you so much for your advice & replying to my question , that is so good to hear & It will certainly help us ! Everything in the media was so confusing so it's great to finally get an answer 😌🙂Thank you! X
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The criteria are actually simple. Provided you were entitled to UC for a monthly period ending between 26th April and 25th May you are eligible. Anything else is irrelevant.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • BOOKIE68
    Options
    Hi , thank you for that information it's much appreciated 😊 yes we have now been receiving u/c over 2 years (no brake in benefit) so its great to know that we are entitled 😊 X
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @BOOKIE68. It is the very least you deserve. It is really positive to hear that you know you are entitled  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.