If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Claude_J_Greengrass!

Options
Claude_J_Greengrass
Claude_J_Greengrass Community member Posts: 11 Connected
I have Essential Tremors for about 30 years and was recently formally diagnosed with ET and not Parkinson's.  My tremors are mild to moderate (TETRAS/Fahn-Tolosa-Marin) and were until  recently masked somewhat by Propranolol which I was prescribed for hypertension. My tremors are mainly in my dominant hand as a Pronation-Supination rotation of the forearm. 

I am a retired IT professional who used to paint landscapes in watercolour but now my tremors interfere with that hobby.  When I discovered that I couldn't complete the first 1/3 of a 7 part online drawing course due to my ET I got mad and eventually decided to do something about it, but that's a longer story and for another post.

A Citizen Scientist researching measurement, diagnosis, and possible treatment of Essential Tremors

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,451 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Claude_J_Greengrass welcome. It's a shame you now find painting difficult. I bet your art work is fantastic, we have a thread here  where everyone shares their art work, if you want to. You will find it under categories in coffee lounge. Do you have other hobbys that you enjoy?
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.