Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Finding a job when you have MH conditions & FND/NEAD

Options
bluefox
bluefox Community member Posts: 636 Pioneering
Hello,

I've posted quite a bit about losing my job and I ultimately think that's going to happen. But when I'm better I'm worried my lifelong anxiety will get in the way of me ever working again.

I know the job centre have said there's schemes such as IPES, Remploy etc. But what other schemes can help do CV's, Interviews, Jobs.

Can you volunteer?

What can I do?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think you should concentrate on your health first and then think about working when you're feeling a little better.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bluefox
    Options
    My mind keeps saying “oh come on, pull yourself together”. Work helps you get better. 

I understand that imposter syndrome could be at play here too. I mean, I can’t leave the house alone but surely access to work could help with that?  

I don’t know. I totally understand you and think you’re right. But I have to plan for the future. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There is lots of help out there like recruitment agencies , job centre , info on Internet and of course the scope support to work program 

But I agree with poppy now isn't the time to be adding any additional stress thinking about future work get yourself better first that needs your full attention right now 
  • bluefox
    Options
    Some of my friends keep saying to me. 

But wouldn’t you be better if you had a routine of work etc. I’m not sure it would take all of my symptoms away. But then I don’t leave the house alone etc. so how would I hold a job down with severe anxiety. 

Then there’s the worry of the seizures and weird whacky symptoms of FND. Chronic pain and numbness. What if it never goes away. 

I feel so confuddled. 
  • bluefox
    Options
    My GP is helping but as with anything, I’m sure you know that FND has so much stigma attached to it. My physio wanted to check the numbness I was getting was related to NEAD/FND but they keep telling me tests are normal. 

This then makes me think well am I really that bad? But I know these are real conditions and some people are in wheelchairs. Luckily, I’m not. 

As far as my mental health, I am awaiting psychotherapy. But it can take a while. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.