Pip award text — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip award text

Options
moomoo1969
moomoo1969 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, new here. 
Recently applied for PIP, I just had my text to say I've been awarded and to wait for my letter.
Does this mean Ive got at least the lowest payment?
Can they say I've been awarded but give me nothing?
It's only a week since my telephone assessment
Thanks in advance

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,689 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They've started to send out text messages for those that have been awarded. If it's a first time claim and you're not transferring from DLA money owed is usually in the bank before you receive the decision letter.
    The decision letter will tell you what you've been awarded and for how long. You award can be ether standard or Enhanced daily living and or mobility.
    You can ring PIP if you want to know exactly what the award is or you can wait for the letter to arrive.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @moomoo1969. Welcome to Scope’s forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today? I hope you are well.

I can see @poppy123456 has responded to your questions. Do you feel like this response has answered your questions?

I hope @poppy123456's response helps but if you need any further clarification or if there’s anything else we can do to support you, please don’t hesitate to give us a shout  :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • moomoo1969
    Options
    Thank you for your reply, so I will have been awarded something then, I'm worried I'm getting excited and it'll be telling me I'm unsuccessful xx
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @moomoo1969. My reply is the very least you deserve. 

I can only wish you the best of luck! Please feel free to let us know how you get on  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • moomoo1969
    Options
    I got standard rate care. Literally 10 weeks from initial phone call!! I thought it was too fast to get anythin!!
    2 years till review, I'm certain my mobility will have gotten worse by then too 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well done @moomoo1969 :) Are you happy with that award? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.