advice on looking for part-time remote work? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

advice on looking for part-time remote work?

Options
Stellar
Stellar Community member Posts: 131 Pioneering
see title.

i've posted a lot on here before as I originally planned on going self-employed, but given the dire economic situation in this cesspit country and disability related barriers to getting self-employment support i've decided to look for part time remote work instead and supplement it with self-employment income on the side.

(disability wise: i'm autistic, adhd, cptsd, anxiety)

i'm hoping longer term i can get a part time job while saving up money and pursuing other income streams so i can leave this terrible country and work remotely abroad where living costs will be cheaper and my mental health won't be triggered daily by living on this terrible island and the political situation here.

I have quite bad workplace anxiety which stems from the fact i believe i wont get the help I need and i may end up causing offense / problems without realising and get managed out. This happened at my last job and i didn't know how badly behind I was until the dismissal meeting.

Like part of that is irrational cause of my abusers, who among other things, financially abused me by trying to stop me having any kind of career and refusing to support me home working). However, part of it is perfectly logical cause of my legit disability issues. I need an environment that is quiet, that I can control, and where interacting with others rarely happens. And also i cannot work full time because otherwise I will not be able to look after myself as I will be too exhausted to do anything other than eat, sleep and zone out watching youtube videos and gaming.

In my head, it feels like I'm in a battlefield and being harmed by people more powerful than me, in this case NT employers.

I know what skills I have that would be good for a remote job that I can do (such as writing, editing, SEO consulting, office work) so that's not the issue.

what are some good sites to look for part time remote working jobs on? and has anyone whos been there got any tips for it? what unions are best for remote working employees?

i don't need advice on accommodations, disability confident and similar schemes that claim to help. i know they exist but I also know they're useless. And yes I am safe, I don't need a welfare check or anything like that.
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Stellar :) I don't know of any particular sites designed to advertise this type of work but, as remote working has become more popular, general job sites like Indeed now have 'remote' or 'work from home' filters that you can use to find remote working opportunities. Additionally, more employers are now open to remote working. This can mean that they'll sometimes consider remote working, even if it's not advertised as a remote opportunity.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • FayeJ940
    FayeJ940 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi, Have you heard of Exceptional Individuals, that helps people on the Autism Spectrum. 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @FayeJ940 :) I'm not sure I've heard of them. Have you used their services before?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • salman_khan
    salman_khan Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    hi i have also ptsd anxiety hyperhidrosis depression 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that with us @salman_khan. With your own experiences, do you have any tips for looking for part-time remote work that you would like to share?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.