Hi, my name is diddydi1968! I had my face to face yesterday - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is diddydi1968! I had my face to face yesterday

Options
2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,668 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My friend has just told me that I should get money back from the date I applied- is that correct as that would be quite a lot of money and with everything the Government is handing out I can't see that being right
    If it’s a new claim and you’re not transferring from DLA then it will be paid from the date you rang to start your claim, if successfully awarded. How much would be owed will depend on what award you may have. 
    With the cost of living payments you would be entitled to £150 payment in September, providing you rang to start your claim no later than 25th May 2022.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • diddydi1968
    diddydi1968 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Oh amazing, I'm a new claim so this will help me clear some outstanding debt, feel bad now as I doubted my friend 😥
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Try not to feel bad @diddydi1968 it can be really difficult to know for certain with these things, and now you know, you can thank your friend for their advice :)

It's positive to hear that this will help ease some of the financial pressure you're feeling. Do you feel like you're managing things money wise at the moment, or do you need any support?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • diddydi1968
    diddydi1968 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    I had a lot of help from the citizens advice bureau earlier in the year so am managing as well as I can do. My friend is going to get a huge hug 🫂 
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Oh amazing, I'm a new claim so this will help me clear some outstanding debt, feel bad now as I doubted my friend 😥

I never pay any attention to the views of friends on benefits and taxes; I wait until I get it from the horses mouth (and I don`t mean Mr Ed, the talking horse ;):#)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Both of those do sound delicious indeed @diddydi1968. Glad to hear you enjoyed it  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.