If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello folks

Options
PalsyP
PalsyP Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
Hello,

I am a gentleman with a physical disability, cerebral palsy.

I have been a DJ since 2006 on and off - I stream on Twitch every week for 4 days. It also helps my mental health, the world today is so depressing.

I hope that what I do spreads awareness and inspires everyone to do what they want even though they might not think they can - I put the possible in impossible. When I was born, I was only given 24 hours to live (due to lack of oxygen to the brain), thankfully they were wrong, as 48 years later, I'm still here!

I even get messages and comments about how I'm an inspiration (I understand some dislike that phrase), which does make me humble, some messages bring a tear to my eye.

If you like electronic music, feel free to search my DJ name on Google to read all about me.

Regards,

PalsyP aka DJ Palsy P

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @palsyp :) Thank you for introducing yourself!

It's fantastic that you've managed to find a passion in DJing. I'll try and remember you search you up a bit later on.

We have quite a few music fans on the community, so I'm sure they'd like to hear about your experiences of being a DJ and streaming on Twitch!

What's your favourite genre of music?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • PalsyP
    PalsyP Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Options
    What's your favourite genre of music?
    Drum & Bass
    Regards,

PalsyP aka DJ Palsy P

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you have any recommendations @palsyp
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @PalsyP thanks for sharing a bit about yourself.

I'm glad streaming on Twitch is having such a positive impact on your mental health, and that you get to showcase your passion too :)

I hope you find the community and welcoming and supportive as the experiences you've described on Twitch, if we can help with anything just say. 

Enjoy your weekend!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.