If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What happens if I'm not awarded after MR? Is there any financial support while I'm waiting?

Options
Nicho
Nicho Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited July 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi iv been on pip for 4 years and due to my health becoming worse, I had to have another assessment from change of circumstances, I received a letter saying I'm not entitled to anything even though iv been getting £250 every 4 weeks for 4 years,I phoned them yesterday and asked for a reconsideration which will be decided within 12 weeks, if they say I'm not entitled to anything, what happens next and is there any financial support while I'm waiting for a decision? As I can't pay my isa or bills
Thanks in advance 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,245 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did you get advice before reporting the changes? A worsening of condition doesn't automatically entitle you to more points for a higher award.
    The most likely outcome of the MR is the decision will remain the same. If this happens you can request the Tribunal. In the meantime you won't receive any PIP payments because there's no award in place to receive payments for.
    You should put the MR in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. Giving a couple of real world examples of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you. Include details such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    There's no other benefit that will be paid instead of the PIP while you challenge the decision.
    Are you claiming any other benefits?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nicho
    Options
    Yes iv sent a form with prescription plus iv ask my doctor for my medical report, I have fibromyalgia, depression and anxiety, ptsd iv explained how it effects my daily living to them, I get carers allowance, child tax credit, housing benefit 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you have non dependants living with you then your housing benefit will be affected.  You need to report the changes to your local Authority.
    Do you claim any other benefits such as Income Related ESA/JSA or Income Support? If you do then they may also be affected.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Nicho
    Options
    I have my 2 sons living with me and I care for my husbund so he gets esa
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If your husbands ESA included the Severe disability premium then this will stop, unless you're registered blind. There will be no non dependant deductions in your housing benefit because your husband claims a disability benefit. (i assume the carers allowance is because you care for your husband)
  • Nicho
    Options
    Yes I do which is probably why my fibromyalgia is getting worse
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear your fibromyalgia is getting worse @Nicho. That sounds really tough. Not least because I also struggle with fibro! Is there anything we could do to make things feel more manageable for you at the moment?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Nicho
    Options
    Thank you for your message, stress obviously makes it worse and having to wait 12 weeks to see if I can get pip back is making my depression worse,I don't think I can cope with having to go to court just to get pip,as the reason I was on it is because my health is bad, it's got worse and now they stopped it completely, it doesn't make sence
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Nicho said:
    I don't think I can cope with having to go to court
    Just so that you're aware, it's not a court. It's a Tribunal, which is completely different to a court. Some hearings are held in a court building but you're definitely not on trial.

• Nicho
    Options
    I know but it still makes you feel like you have done something wrong and my anxiety is through the roof to the point where I don't go out my house unless I need shopping, it's just more stress ontop of stress that makes everything feel twice as bad than it would normally be
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If it gets to Tribunal stage (most do because MR success rate is only 27%) then you can also get expert help and advice and potentially even representation from an agency near you. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

• Nicho
    Options
    I will deffinately need a professional person to come to tribunal and help me with anything I need to write down on forms
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you been able to find some support through advicelocal.uk @nicho
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Nicho
    Options
    No I wasn't sure who to ask, I think I will need to speak to someone who can help me if I need to go to tribunal 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should be able to use advicelocal.uk to find someone to speak to if you need to go to a tribunal @nicho :) Does that make sense? Or is that not what you meant?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If it does get to Tribunal stage and you have a representative, please be aware that they won't be able to speak on your behalf.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.