Hi, my name is peterpeter! Because of hate crime, I have to move — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is peterpeter! Because of hate crime, I have to move

Options
peterpeter
peterpeter Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello

A few questions. If I may ask
Because of hate crime I have to move
I have a new address 
Do I still have to give 4 weeks notice on the old address?

I was getting the  rent paid by the council on the old address 
Will I have to get UC for the new address?
I get  the  not  able  to  work or looking for work benefits 

Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,645 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How much notice you give to your previous landlord will depend on what it says in your tenancy agreement but you'll be liable to pay the rent until the end of your notice.
    You need to report a change of circumstances for your UC claim and tell them you've moved house. Any changes will take affect in the assessment period in which the changes were reported. If you're privately renting then you'll need to send your tenancy agreement as proof of liability to pay rent.
    The only problem i see is that you've moved before the end of your tenancy agreement so you'll be liable for rent in your new property and the old one.
    You can apply for a discretionary housing payment from your local Authority for extra help with the rent. See link. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/claiming-discretionary-housing-payments/claiming-discretionary-housing-payments

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @peterpeter and thanks for reaching out today and joining the community.

I'm sorry to hear about what's happened to you, and that you've had to move as a result. We'd like to support you with this as much as we can, so keep an eye out for an email from community@scope.org.uk later on today.

I can see Poppy has replied above, but is there anything you're still unsure about?

Please do let us know if we can help support you further, don't hesitate to ask.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.