If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is NonbinaryCode!

Options
NonbinaryCode
NonbinaryCode Community member Posts: 7 Connected
Heya, I'm NonbinaryCode. Online, I go by Camish (don't worry, it's not my real name). I'm autistic and I have ADHD-C. I have some muscle twitching of an unknown cause, but a neurologist and I are working on it.

I hope to meet some nice people here!
Tagged:

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Camish, welcome to the community. 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @NonbinaryCode fantastic Tag/user name by the way.
    Welcome to our great group.
    I hope you are well this morning.
    When you are ready have a look around the site, the virtual Coffee Lounge is a great place to start with, just for general chats, games etc. Recent discussions will show you what every one is talking about at the moment.
    Any problems just ask some one is bound to be on line to help you out.

Enjoy.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community from me too @NonbinaryCode :) I also love your username!

Thank you for introducing yourself, and telling us a bit about yourself. I can see that you've been finding your way around the community and getting stuck in already, which is fantastic. If you have any questions about using the site, please just get in touch. 

How do you find living with ADHD-C and autism? 

Do you have any particular hobbies or interests that you'd like to share with us?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,707 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Heya, I'm NonbinaryCode. Online, I go by Camish (don't worry, it's not my real name). I'm autistic and I have ADHD-C. I have some muscle twitching of an unknown cause, but a neurologist and I are working on it.

I hope to meet some nice people here!
    Love the name! <3 Can I ask what the "C" is for in ADHD-C? Probably a stupid question but not seen it before
  • NonbinaryCode
    NonbinaryCode Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Options
    @Biblioklept Thanks! The "C" stands for Combined. It means I have characteristics of what was considered ADHD and ADD in the past. I'm in the USA and I don't know if it's different elsewhere.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for explaining that @NonbinaryCode and a warm welcome from me too, I hope you're enjoying spending time here on the community :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,707 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Biblioklept Thanks! The "C" stands for Combined. It means I have characteristics of what was considered ADHD and ADD in the past. I'm in the USA and I don't know if it's different elsewhere.
    Ahh thank you! That does make sense. I've not seen it before but doesn't mean it isn't the same here. <3
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I believe the use of ADHD-C, ADHD-PI (predominantly inattentive) and ADHD-PH (predominantly hyperactive-impulsive) are taken from the DSM-5 @NonbinaryCode @Biblioklept

My understanding is that many professionals in the UK use the ICD instead. I'm not sure if they use the same terms or not :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.