Stroke. I've had enough — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stroke. I've had enough

Options
Dishy521
Dishy521 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited August 2022 in Start here and say hello!
I’ve had a 3rd stroke at the end of December 2021 , I wish it had killed me, I’ve had enough of life 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Dishy521 :) I've just sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk about this, so please do keep an eye out for that.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling quite down. Thank you for joining the community. I hope that we can be a good source of support for you. 

Please remember that the following organisations are there to support you: 
    • Samaritans: call 116 123, or email jo@samaritans.org. You don't have to be suicidal to get in touch with them
    • SHOUT: text SHOUT to 85258 to speak to a volunteer over text message
    • CALM: call 0800 58 58 58, or use their live web chat, between 5pm and 12am
    You should always call 999 or visit A&E in the case of an emergency, including if you're having suicidal thoughts. 

You may also find the following resources helpful:
    Are you currently receiving any support to help you manage your mental health at the moment? 

If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to chat to your GP about how you've been feeling lately, both in terms of your mental and physical health.

If you feel you could benefit from some additional mental health support, you could also try calling you local 'first point of access' team. If you search online for 'first point of access' followed by your general location, the number should show up.

Are you receiving enough support from your medical team to help you manage the after effects of your stroke? 

Do you have a positive support network of family and friends around you, who can offer you practical or emotional support? 

The Stroke Association may also be a good organisation for you to get in touch with. 

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.