Does anyone take / has anyone taken Meloxicam? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone take / has anyone taken Meloxicam?

Options
Cartini
Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
Hi,
I`ve just been prescribed Meloxicam 15mg to take one a day.
Does anyone / has anyone taken this?  If so....
Is it a drug that makes you feel lousy and drowsey?
Is it a good painkiller?
I like a glass of wine in front of the box at night - has anyone had a drink whilst taking this medication?
I haven`t got the tablets yet, but t`internet is (as usual) full of conflicting comments.
Andy

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I haven't @cartini but replying so more people might see your post <3 Have you started taking them yet? 
  • Cartini
    Options
    I haven't @cartini but replying so more people might see your post <3 Have you started taking them yet? 
    @Biblioklept - thank you :)
    I started taking this morning (1 a day) - I wanted to see what people experienced taking them.  If you consult  Dr Google, all the responses are doom and gloom - especially with alcohol.
    There`s no warning on the tab attached by the pharmacist; all other medication I`ve had in the past said either "avoid alcohol" or "do not drink alcohol".  There`s nothing on the patient leaflet about interaction with alcohol and when I asked the pharmacist he said one or two won`t be a problem.
    So that`s a good start :D
    It`s also the first time in a long time I could prepare some food without having to sit down to do it or lie down afterwards.  The pain was there, but not as intense :)
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Cartini said:
    It`s also the first time in a long time I could prepare some food without having to sit down to do it or lie down afterwards.  The pain was there, but not as intense :)
    That's amazing! Really happy for you it must be quite a relief to find something that seems to work at least a little
  • Cartini
    Options
    Cartini said:
    That's amazing! Really happy for you it must be quite a relief to find something that seems to work at least a little

Thank you :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad that you've been having a positive experience so far @cartini :) I'd encourage you to ask your GP or pharmacist if you have any further questions, and let them know how you get on! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.