Care Providers — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Care Providers

uk71
uk71 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
Dear sir or madam,

I am under the care of adult social services. I am not happy with my care providers and the way I am being treated by them. I have made a complaint about my treatment to the manager of the care service. I made my complaint about a month ago. I have yet to receive a response. I would like to know how to escalate my complaint.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @uk71 and thanks for posting your query.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had no acknowledgement or response to your complaint so far, that must be very frustrating. 

You have the right to take your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO), which is independent of local authorities and care providers.

For more information, call 0300 061 0614 or visit the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman website.

I hope that's helpful for you, but let us know if we've missed anything.

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • uk71
    Thank you Alex_Scope.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @uk71

I hope the escalation of your complaint leads to you getting a response and that things improve for you :) What would you like to happen as a result of your complaint?

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • uk71
    Hello Ross_Scope. I would like an acknowledgement of my grievances and an apology from my current care providers. I would also like an improvement in their attitude towards me.

I am involved in a legal case with my local adult social services to get a suitable care package which would include an alternative service provider.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    uk71 said:
    Hello Ross_Scope. I would like an acknowledgement of my grievances and an apology from my current care providers. I would also like an improvement in their attitude towards me.

I am involved in a legal case with my local adult social services to get a suitable care package which would include an alternative service provider.
    That sounds like it would be a good outcome :) Best of luck, and do keep us updated on your progress.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • uk71
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    We will look forward to hearing your updates @uk71. Good luck. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to support you. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • uk71
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome @uk71. It is the very least you deserve  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • uk71
  • L_Volunteer
    You are welcome @uk71. How are you today?  :)

• uk71
    I am getting over having one of my most eventful birthdays yesterday.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you mind me asking in what sense it was eventful @uk71? Happy birthday for yesterday :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • uk71
    I think there are 2 elements. Firstly, the physical things that I did such as having much needed spa treatment, going to a department store to shop after that and meeting up with a friend. amongst other things. But secondly, and psychologically more importantly yesterday really reinforced how outside of my issues with my care providers and social services there is a wider community where I really felt appreciated. It really reinforced why I have taken on my legal battles with social services and my care providers; to get any from people who don't appreciate and respect me.
  • Tori_Scope
    Those activities sound lovely @uk71 :) I've been thinking that I'd really like to try getting a massage. I've never had one done professionally. 

I'm glad that you feel there's a wider community where you feel appreciated, too. That's really important!

• uk71
    Even during the massage appointment I was made to feel valued as a customer. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Great @uk71 :) Small things can make a real difference, I find!

• uk71
    Yesterday also symbolised for me a sense of freedom to choose what I wanted to do, which I have not felt from my care package.
  • L_Volunteer
    It sounds really positive that you have felt a sense of freedom @uk71. How did that make you feel?  :)

• uk71
    When you see the distress that I'm experiencing from my support service and social services in comparison it made me feel fantastic.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.