Call from DWP regarding appeal. What should we expect? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Call from DWP regarding appeal. What should we expect?

Options
gabriella1996
gabriella1996 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited August 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, we’ve got a missed call today from DWP regarding the appeal. Now we have appealed to tribunal regarding my sister’s PIP as it was refused even after the mandatory reconsideration. 
We never had a call from the before when we had to appeal for her DLA in the past years.
I was wondering if this has ever happened before and what to expect ? I know she didn’t say much on the voicemail so we don’t really know what is about, she will call again tomorrow.
thanks in advance 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Evening @gabriella1996

I hope you are well, thanks for making this post.

I'm not sure what the call could be, but I hope that they call you back as expected tomorrow and can put your mind at ease about it. How are you and your sister feeling about the appeal?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • gabriella1996
    Options
    Evening @gabriella1996

I hope you are well, thanks for making this post.

I'm not sure what the call could be, but I hope that they call you back as expected tomorrow and can put your mind at ease about it. How are you and your sister feeling about the appeal?
    Thanks for your reply and hope you’re well too.
    We’ve been through the tribunal appeal 2 times so this will be the 3rd time so we know what to expect. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It is possible that they wish to review the claim and may make you an offer of an award. If they do this you can accept the offer and will get an award in place (backdated as appropriate). The existing appeal will lapse. However ,even if you accept the offer, if you think the award falls short of what is appropriate you can lodge a new appeal (without going through MR).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did she call yesterday @gabriella1996?
  • gabriella1996
    Options
    Yes she did but unfortunately my mom was working so she didn’t say much. We have to book a telephone appointment with her. She said she wanted to have a chat and more information before the appeal goes to the tribunal. This will be our 3rd time taking them to the tribunal. Do we have to provide the more information ? This is the first time that we are getting a call from DWP after appealing to the tribunal. Every time we’ve been to tribunal the outcome was successful.  
    Did she call yesterday @gabriella1996?

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes she did but unfortunately my mom was working so she didn’t say much. We have to book a telephone appointment with her. She said she wanted to have a chat and more information before the appeal goes to the tribunal. This will be our 3rd time taking them to the tribunal. Do we have to provide the more information ? This is the first time that we are getting a call from DWP after appealing to the tribunal. Every time we’ve been to tribunal the outcome was successful.  

I don't think you have to, no. But I believe they do this to see if they can offer you an award without having to go to tribunal so might be in your interest to if you get what I mean?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.