Hose pipe ban - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hose pipe ban

Options
2»

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,718 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Cartini said:
    woodbine said:
    I think they should impose a nationwide hosepipe ban ASAP
    Why nationwide?  The South West isn`t suffering (at the moment), so why implement a hosepipe ban here when it`s been implemented in the South East?
    Either way, it wouldn`t make any difference to me because I don`t water my lawns; I`m not fussed if they are green or parched.

Quite simple if you think about it, overall the country is short of water so a hosepipe ban nationwide will make sense.
    I remember the long hot dry summer of '76 with standpipes in the streets, they appointed a minister for drought (Dennis Howell) the day after he took up the job its started raining.
    So even on that basis alone a hosepipe ban makes sense.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    woodbine said:
    Cartini said:
    woodbine said:
    I think they should impose a nationwide hosepipe ban ASAP
    Why nationwide?  The South West isn`t suffering (at the moment), so why implement a hosepipe ban here when it`s been implemented in the South East?
    Either way, it wouldn`t make any difference to me because I don`t water my lawns; I`m not fussed if they are green or parched.

Quite simple if you think about it, overall the country is short of water so a hosepipe ban nationwide will make sense.
    I remember the long hot dry summer of '76 with standpipes in the streets, they appointed a minister for drought (Dennis Howell) the day after he took up the job its started raining.
    So even on that basis alone a hosepipe ban makes sense.
    I hear you woodbine, but some areas have their own water supplies.
    I`ve lived in Plymouth since 78 when I joined the Navy; over those years we`ve been excempt hose bans while the rest of the country has had bans; but I think that might be changing soon.

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,436 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've checked my local area and no bans in force yet. Which I'm siprised about. No rain forcast all week or weekend
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    I've checked my local area and no bans in force yet. Which I'm siprised about. No rain forcast all week or weekend

If you are after rain, wait until I get my BBQ out on Saturday - it never fails to wake the rain gods up ;)
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,436 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.