Lack of MH staff — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lack of MH staff

Options
Broreb1981
Broreb1981 Community member Posts: 160 Courageous
I have schizoaffective disorder, I haven't seen a psychiatrist since April last year, my CPN also left abruptly 2 months ago and I have had no input from the MH team since then. I called them yesterday to be told I will get a new CPN but they don't know when and my psychiatrist is on long term sick and they don't have another in his place. They are hoping I will have an appointment by the end of the year. Its so hard not having anyone to talk to 

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Seems like every service is having the same issue at the moment it's so sad and difficult. How often were you seeing your psychiatrist before? Have you and friends or family or a counsellor you can talk to @Broreb1981
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm also sorry to hear about the lack of support your facing at the moment @Broreb1981 and hopefully you'll have more clarity on a date for that appointment soon. Don't be afraid to keep chasing it up if you need to, as you are entitled to receive support.

I's like to echo Biblioklept's question, do you have any loved ones you can talk to about things, or perhaps a counsellor?

I hope the community can act as a friendly and welcoming place for you when you need it in the meantime, we can be here to lend a listening ear, and help as much as we are able to. You can also reach out to other support organisations such as Samaritans or Mind anytime you might be struggling. 

If there's anything we can help with, let us know :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.