PIP review backpay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review backpay

Options
archi77
archi77 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited August 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello my PIP review was due 1/11/21 and i had my video assessment on the 25/7/22... received a copy of my report... but what i would like to know is... if my claim is increased do i get the increase backdated to 1/11/20? my original review was extended to sep 22 due to covid but they started the review in nov 21.
had conflicting results when i've been searching for an answer. Many thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,719 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If it's a review started by DWP then no, they don't usually backdate any money if the new award is higher. If you reported a change then yes, backdated to the date you rang to report the changes (providing you had the worsening of condition for at least 3 months)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How did you find the video assessment @archi77
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • archi77
    Options
    hey, the video assessment was actually ok. the lady doing the assessment seemed fair. it was at 9am though so at least i didn't have to wait all day to get it over with! 
    I've just received a copy of her report and in it she seemed quite fair in what she wrote except she kept mentioning that i wasn't on medications for anxiety when iam... i looked back at my original review form and have realised that i had failed to include that in mu medication list!!! so she hasn't seen this as proof! i phoned PIP today to ask then to add this mistake for the decision maker to acknowledge before they make their mind up. i had included my medication list from my GP though as my evidence but clearly she didn't look at this when doing my report! 
    i believe that i should have been given more points due to this and how this affects me. i just hope the DM looks more thoroughly through my notes and prescription list 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @archi77 :) I'm glad to hear that you found the video assessment okay and I'm glad the assessor was fair overall :) 

I wish you all the best for the outcome, please let us know how you get on.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    Options
    I had my review started by dwp last year November also. when they awarded me pip again with a higher daily living they gave backpay from November last year to June this year. 
  • anth22
    anth22 Community member Posts: 191 Courageous
    Options
    So lucky I had my review started by PIP in November 2021 and still waiting 🥺🥺.
  • archi77
    Options
    life... that's great news.
    anth22... i'm hoping my PIP review is nearing an end! 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck @archi77 and @anth22. It sounds like a long and potentially frustrating process for both of you. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you! Otherwise, we'll look forward to hearing how it goes for you if you would like to share the outcome with us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • archi77
    Options
    If you have to go down the mandatory reconsideration do you still get paid in the meantime or does that stop until the appeal has been concluded? Thanks 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    archi77 said:
    If you have to go down the mandatory reconsideration do you still get paid in the meantime or does that stop until the appeal has been concluded? Thanks 
    The existing award continues while MR is being considered. If the MR results in a change the award will change.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • HayleyRX
    HayleyRX Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Options
    Yeah I'm on 8month now of waiting for review, I've read it can be up to 10 months maybe longer 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck @HayleyRX. What a long wait! Hopefully, it will be soon for you now. Please feel free to let us know how it goes for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • HayleyRX
    HayleyRX Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you, I had an automatic message this morning. Explaining that they still have my claim and will be processing as soon as possible. This is the second message, so I think they send them out ruffly every 3 month, hopefully not be long now :)
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Hopefully won't be long @HayleyRX. Please feel free to let us know how it goes  :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.