Hi, my name is Roc123! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Roc123!

Options
Roc123
Roc123 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi , I'm new here , hopingt to get some  support -thank you

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @roc123 :) It's great to have you on board! 

I can see that you've made a separate discussion about your PIP claim, which is good to see. 

How are you doing today? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Roc123
    Options
    @poppy123456 Hi  I would really appreciate your advice olease.I have recriced a copy of my Drs reoirt that  Captita requested .
    My GP practice got one if the doctors (who im I have' nt met!) to complete the form.All he done was print off the records of my attendence etc and wrote on each quezion "see attached" .I was disallowed pip and when i got this copy from my gp surgery I am quite frankly horrified. He did not answer their questiins on my funtional
     ability and I cannot understand how Capita accepted this incomoplete report.I am makung a comolaint about this to my surgery as it was careless and lazy of the GP not to complere it  -he also indicated on the form that I could y
    Use public trabpofrt whjch is competely untrye as I have mental health disabikitues .
    I would really aprecuare your advice .Thankyou 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Apologies no one responded to you sooner @Roc123. How have things been for you more recently?

I would like to make sure you have access to the support you need and deserve but things might have changed since.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to help. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Roc123
    Options
    Hi there
    I am happy to ssy that I won my Mandatory Reconsideration! I went from 2 points to Enchanced rate in both components and have been awarded until 2025-I am so relieved .I just want others to know that mental health disabilities can get these awards -I have longtetm anxiety, agraphobia and PTSD . I took the assessors report and highlighted all the inaccuraues abd also pointed out how PIP were not following their own guidlines.I also wrote a lengthy letter stating where and how I should have scored points -I resent all my medical and non medical evidence e.g. letters from support workers and my husband.I really want other people who are at this stage with PIP to please keep fighting and put your case forward , please do not give up.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Fantastic, well done @roc123! And thank you so much for letting us know :) Will you be doing anything to celebrate or relax? 

• Roc123
    Options
    Im still in shock over it but I will be doing something !! I really just want to give otger peoole hope and to get what is rightfully theirs -thank you to everyone on this community who inspired me to persevere-I am usually very timid but somehow I got the strength to forge ahead. If I can help snyone in anyway please get in conrltact 
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I'm sure others will take inspiration from your experience @roc123 :) It'd be great to see you sticking around in our benefits categories, as well as our other categories. I'm glad that you've found the community so helpful! 

It's understandable that you'd still be in a bit of shock. Make sure you take some time to relax and unwind if you can, by doing something you enjoy. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.