Hi, my name is M1978! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is M1978!

Options
M1978
M1978 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello to you all
i am posting with regards to two separate issues that I’m hoping others could help with.
1) I have SpinaBifida and have therefore always walked on crutches and also suffer significantly from chronic pain. Sadly, my microlight Mobilty scooter was stolen from underneath my camper van on Sunday when I was away at an XR drumming camp in Malvern☹️
It looks as if there might be a crowd funder to help me replace it so I’m looking for the cheapest way to do this.
I was wondering if anybody had any ideas about this and also if anybody could recommend an alternative to the microlite? This is because, although it is indeed light and can fold up which is useful, I found it to be constantly falling over which has led me into some quite hairy situations😬😬
As this message is quite long, I will post separately about my other query.

Thank you to anybody who can be of assistance re. the above. 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @M1978 and welcome to the community, thank you for reaching out today.

I'm very sorry to hear about the theft of your scooter, that's awful. I know it might be difficult to talk about, so please know we're here to support you. Did you report the theft to the police? And was the scooter insured? 

If there's anything you feel we can do to help further, please don't hesitate to ask.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.