PIP telling me it's stopping in November this year - what do I do? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP telling me it's stopping in November this year - what do I do?

Options
Jankins
Jankins Community member Posts: 16 Connected
I got the forms to renew my PIP for mental health in September last year and then sent them back.  Filled them in with a lot of help and they were sent back in the time they said.  We got a letter saying the carers allowance which my husband gets for me 11/7/22 saying it would be stopping and they won't pay PIP after 7/11/22. 
I did call them, broke down and husband got the date it will stop but I don't know what the next step is.  
My memory is very bad but I finally remembered that I did get help from this site in the past.   It takes me time to process and deal with things and I don't always remember what I am supposed to do.
I am still suffering with my mental health, on medication, can't go anywhere on my own and can't be left on my own, as well as other problems that my anxiety and depression causes me.  Another affect of my this makes my hands and fingers crack which is also causes me problems with preparing meals and personal hygiene issues, which I put in the form for the renewal.  It is not a winter thing, my fingers are very sore even now in summer.
I don't know if I have to call them - I can but then when I get distressed my husband has to take the phone off me and he's not good with this situation.  Do I need to fill in more forms?
They made me go to assessment in London the first time I applied which made me absolutely distraught.  I had 3 panic attacks in the centre, and several on the way there and on the way back.   I had to go to a tribunal locally to get the award.
Any advice on what I need to do is greatly appreciated.  If we lose this I don't know what we will do.  

Thank you for any help
Jane

Comments

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW Community member Posts: 355 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm sorry but I'm not very experienced in PIP but my replying will send it to the top for someone more experienced to see.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,478 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If a decision hasn't been made on your review by the time your award is due to end then they will very likely extend the award until the decision is made.
    There's huge backlogs of people waiting for reviews because they are mostly concentrating on new claims,  which is the reason for the very long delays.
    I'd advise you to ring PIP a little closer to the end date of your award and ask them if it's been extended (if you haven't had a decision by then) if it's extended ask them to send a letter as proof and then you can ring carers allowance and tell them it's been extended.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jankins
    Jankins Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    Thank you both
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @Jankins. It is the very least you deserve. If we can do anything else to support you, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.