If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is shelly55! Is there a timescale for a decision?

Options
shelly55
shelly55 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have been waiting over 8wks for my decision from my medical face to face is there a time scale at all thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,107 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    2-12 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @shelly55 :) Thanks for joining!

Which benefit have you applied for? 

As poppy123456 has implied, waititng times do vary, and it can unfortunately take quite a while to receive a decision. It's therefore quite difficult for us to say how much longer it'll be. I'd encourage you to keep an eye on your bank account, as the payment can sometimes come in before you receive the decision letter if you've been successful. 

How do you feel your assessment went? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • shelly55
    shelly55 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi it is for esa support group the assessor told me I won’t have any problems but I can’t take that as gospel I suppose I’d be a little niaive in doing so , I have been waiting 8 weeks now for the decision I have copd and mental health problems I do get the enhanced pip mobility and standered of living I did wait six months to even get the assessment I know it’s a waiting game but all in all been a year now 🙄
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How frustrating for you @shelly55 I'm sorry to hear you've had such a long wait for both ESA and PIP. These aren't easy processes to go through. Thanks for explaining that for us, and I hope you'll hear more very soon. 

Let us know how things go, and reach out for help if you need to :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • buntytmw
    buntytmw Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    @shelly55 I have just completed a phone assessment and suffer with severe copd at the age of just 33 , anxiety and depression due to this condition could I ask you how your copd effects you? 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well done for completing the phone assessment @buntytmw. How did your phone assessment go?

It sounds like you are experiencing a really difficult time at the moment. Would you like to talk about this further - i.e., how you are feeling and what you are experiencing?

We are all here for you and listening to you. You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,642 Pioneering
    Options
    An important point that everyone appears to forget
    If you struggle to speak on the phone
    You can ask for 'reasonable adjustments'
    By law DWP must comply 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.