If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Help with UC WCA

Options
jel2007
jel2007 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi guys I so new I regularly read the forum and I know how helpful you are today I so close to give up my story is long story with up and downs I was working all my life something very dramatic happened to me back in 2019 I couldn’t handle and recover i end up homeless and the rest is history I so tired and sad since then I suffer every day I am in my own prison  I never knew I will end up like this never say never but Maybe someone able to explain me a bit more I suffer with mental health anxiety addiction depression suicidal feeling acrophobia since 2019 I received all this years standard allowance of UC £324 I missed my first WCA appointment back in 2019 only because I was struggle to go collect my letters from ace of clubs and I don’t have mobile phone for three years i complaint to DWP regards my situation in April they issued £49.99 for phone and also suggested new style esa appointment they sent the questionary I feel it then on 9/05/22 I had video appointment for WCA it’s so confusing I am so lost then while I waiting for outcome I received the letter to feel questionary again I contact CHDA regards they suggested ask in my journal which I did I had my letter with decision on my universal credit very next day on 24/06/22 I was placed not in support group but work related activity I asked them to look at my decision again I submitted all paperwork and letter through my universal credit journal they promise they will posted outcome,they never reply why the wca questionary was sent but today I receive message from DWP my new appointment for WCA will be 24/08/22 I just don’t understand is it made because they need more evidence or because I asked to look at my decision again  I really don’t understand it’s so stressing all morning I wrote again to my universal credit journal no one yet responded Its so overwhelming and stressful I really don’t know what to do where to go who can help if anyone can suggested me anything it will mean a world to me i fighting with myself for three years and it’s so confusing and stressful please any help will be highly appreciated 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,180 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They don't usually send you for another assessment when you request the MR, usually a different decision maker will just take another look at the decision. I can't tell you why they are requesting another assessment. Have you rang the Health Assessment Advisory Service? They maybe able to tell you why another one is needed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jel2007
    Options
    My God thank you very much for reply I sitting and crying it’s so so needed yes I contact health assessment advisory they so nice they actually one who suggested wrote the message on my universal credit journal because they explain back in June maybe it was by mistake  I really so confused I wrote the message but no one responded on my journal  today I again contact health assessment people and wrote message on my universal credit I really so confused and stressed last appointment was by video I was crying all my appointment this time I believe it’s face to face and I stop my doctor notes since my decision on 24/06/22 now I think I done something wrong 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so upset @jel2007, when we don't know why something is happening it can be very unsettling.

It's good that you've posted messages on your journal to try and find out what's going on. Have you had any responses to those messages? :)

Can I ask if you feel you're getting enough support for your mental health at the moment? Have you spoken to your GP about how upset you've been feeling lately?

If there's anything we can help with please ask, and we'll do what we can for you.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • jel2007
    Options
    Hi Alex thank you very much for response no one know answer I call universal credit helpline no one can explain anything someone answer finally on my journal they can confirm my MR but they can’t answer why I have wca appointment on 24/08/22  CHDA answer they have Re referral for three years from healthy always working I am in such a deep dark place  what I know and what I learn over this three years there are no help  I am very stressed and sad the problem with me I not talking to anyone for three years I try hard to pick myself piece by piece I have some medication but they not really helpful some days I think I going mad thanks a lot for replying it’s really mean a lot for me at this point I just really in huge crisis and I glad I find this forum I can read some info while I have internet thank you 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jel2007 :) 
    I am in such a deep dark place
    I just really in huge crisis
    I'm sorry to hear this. Would you be able to tell us what it means for you to be in a deep dark place and huge crisis? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• jel2007
    Options
    Hi Tori thank you for asking the thing is I lost my life three years ago I lost all job home and normal life I become homeless useless hopeless worthless I am out of society i ashamed of myself and hate myself I just some days can’t see way out there is no way out I absolutely broken some days I just want to give up I try hard really hard but I can’t see any positivity I absolutely damaged I glad I find this forum I can talk to someone thank you for asking it’s really mean world to me 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello again @jel2007 thanks for explaining how you're feeling, it can be difficult to be so open, so well done. I am sorry that you're having such a difficult time right now. 

Can you tell me what support you're getting with how you're feeling, is your GP able to help with your mental health at the moment? 

There's plenty of places you can go to for support as well, such as Mind, who have resources on self-care.

There's also Samaritans, who you can call on 116 123 to talk with someone who'll be there to listen and not to judge.  

Or if you prefer, you can text "SHOUT" to 85258 anytime for support over text.

We'd like to support you as much as we're able, so keep an eye out for an email from community@scope.org.uk a little later on today.

I'm glad to see that you feel supported by this forum, so if you still need a hand with your UC or WCA then please let us know, and we'll help out as best we can. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.