Introduction — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Introduction

Options
Dave58
Dave58 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi There I contacted Scope today on the basis of some fuel financial support . The person I spoke too was patient and caring and very understanding.
She also sign posted me to a few places.
That included the Scope community .
So here I am .
I discovered that I have really horded a lot of my real feelings about my change of circumstances.

Although I have started to manage and look after myself better .
I have  had a difficult at intervals and just got on with it .

I guess having other people who can lend their experience and advice has got to be positive .
So I have signed up today !

Comments

• Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hello to you @Dave58 and welcome to the Scope online community :) Well done for reaching out, and for being so open about how you've been feeling lately. I hope you find this forum a welcoming and supportive place to spend time.

I'm glad to hear our adviser was able to be so helpful today too, that's very positive news. 

I'd definitely say having somewhere like the community, where people can share their thoughts and experiences of disability with each other can be incredibly helpful and supportive for many people, as you have mentioned.

If you'd like to have a look around the rest of the forum, please feel free.

A few good places to start include the following: 

Let us know if there's anything we've missed or can help further with, and I look forward to seeing you around.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good Morning @Dave58 welcome to our great group.
    So glad you joined us, I will say as well as advice I find the group also offers the chance of friendship and distraction.
    When your ready have a look around the site, you can join in on any of the threads/chats/debates or ask your own question. Any problems just ask, some one is bound to be on the site.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A warm welcome to the community from me too @Dave58 :) I'm glad that you found our advisor patient, caring, and understanding!

Do you have any plans for the weekend?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.