If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal date booked

Options
Zoey92
Zoey92 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
Hi,

Finally I have a tribunal date!

I have posted previously about my appeal journey. I took the advice and have submitted a statement to tribunal as additional evidence with what happened the last time I attempted these activities and why I need the help and how it affects me daily etc. 

I saw that someone received a call from DWP before tribunal with them offering them PIP and no tribunal. 
Could this be a potential before the tribunal for me? As I only missed out on the standard daily living by 1 point. And the points I have made in the statement are points im going to bring up in the hearing. 

My date is 2 weeks away. Could DWP change their mind in this time do we reckon? I have so much anxiety about this hearing as I don't know what to expect. Any advice on what happens there would be great also! 

I will keep you all updated with the outcome hopefully! 

Comments

• Zoey92
    Options
    Hi, 
    I have posted before about my appeal and reasons to take it to tribunal. 

I sent a statement to tribunal last week as additional evidence with advice taken from this forum and gave examples of what happened the last time I attempted these activities etc and why i require the help I do. 

I know I should forget about the assessment and focus on that but the assessor wrote down my points im bringing up in this appeal in her report but basically ignored it and went against it in her scoring. I'm confused to how MRN didnt read that and score me more.

I saw someone recently had DWP call them and change their mind before the tribunal. Is this a possibility I could hope to expect with this new statement? As I have so much anxiety about this tribunal because i dont know what to expect and will have my mum with me. I will take the standard daily living as I feel I should have scored a few more points based on my condition and how it affects me.

Has anyone had the successful DWP call before tribunal? Or can someone tell me their experience of the tribunal at least to put my mind at ease
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,102 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It’s rare for DWP to offer an award before the hearing so you should expect the hearing to go ahead as normal. 
    Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    All the best for your Tribunal @Zoey92 and thank you kindly for updating the community! I hope you don't mind me merging your posts.

We'll be here to support you whatever happens, hopefully it will be a positive outcome for you :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Zoey92
    Options
    Oh I didn't realise my other one posted as it just closed on me! So wrote it all again! 
    Apologies 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Absolutely no worries @Zoey92. I can hear how you would not have written it all again if you knew you did not have to!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.