Length of time to get appointment for UC50 claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Length of time to get appointment for UC50 claim

Options
Tony150
Tony150 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi

Iam just wondering if an one else is still waiting to hear back from sending back a UC50 form

I was signed off because of my depression in January of this year 2022 got sent the form which I filled in and sent back on 28th febuary 2022

It is now the end of August still having to get fit notes from my Gp but still not heard back about my UC50 claim if this normal

From start till now its been 32 weeks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,560 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are not the only one waiting. There’s probably many thousands of others. There’s huge backlogs in a lot of areas and some are waiting as long as 1 year for an assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Tony150 and welcome to the community, thank you for reaching out with your query. I'm sorry to hear you were signed off work in January this year. 

How have things been? Do you feel like you're getting enough support to help manage your depression at the moment?

As has been mentioned above, I'm afraid there's quite a wait at the moment due to this backlog, which I know probably isn't the answer you were perhaps hoping for, but might reassure you at least. 

Have you been in touch with the job centre about it? If it would be helpful for you to chase them up, you can do, but it can't be guaranteed to be processed any faster.  

Keep us up to date with how things go, and please have a look around in the meantime. Here's a few of the best places to get started:
    • Recent discussions is where you'll find all the latest conversations our members are having
    • The categories page shows all the different topics for discussion
    • The virtual coffee lounge is a place to chat, get to know other members, and play games too

The community is a friendly and supportive place, so please don't hesitate to reach out of you need anything :) 

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • ShazzaReyes
    ShazzaReyes Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi Tony I am in the same situation. I sent my UC50 form and evidence back in June. The CHDA wrote to my GP for more information (not sure what other information they required?) CHDA received my GP’s letter mid August. At the time of writing this I have STILL NOT been invited to attend a WCA. Yet another call to the CHDA only to be informed that my application/file is (still) with the DWP’s Decision Maker (has been for over 3 months!) Every time I call the CHDA or send a message via my UC journal requesting when am I likely to get a response on the outcome of my claim, I get told the same old story; so I’m still waiting and still none the wiser! My case should be pretty straightforward for the DM to make a decision as I get enhanced PIP for both components for an ongoing period and we all know how easy it is to get a successful PIP award (NOT!!!) I am submitting my 4th (3 month) Fit Note this week and totally share your frustration at the speed in which the DWP progress applications from disadvantaged disabled people who are completely at their mercy. I will let you know if I ever get a decision, hopefully  before I curl my toes up! I have so much faith that I’m not going to hold my breath! ;-)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,560 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Tony I am in the same situation. I sent my UC50 form and evidence back in June. The CHDA wrote to my GP for more information (not sure what other information they required?) CHDA received my GP’s letter mid August. At the time of writing this I have STILL NOT been invited to attend a WCA. Yet another call to the CHDA only to be informed that my application/file is (still) with the DWP’s Decision Maker (has been for over 3 months!) Every time I call the CHDA or send a message via my UC journal requesting when am I likely to get a response on the outcome of my claim, I get told the same old story; so I’m still waiting and still none the wiser! My case should be pretty straightforward for the DM to make a decision as I get enhanced PIP for both components for an ongoing period and we all know how easy it is to get a successful PIP award (NOT!!!) I am submitting my 4th (3 month) Fit Note this week and totally share your frustration at the speed in which the DWP progress applications from disadvantaged disabled people who are completely at their mercy. I will let you know if I ever get a decision, hopefully  before I curl my toes up! I have so much faith that I’m not going to hold my breath! ;-)

I don't know how CHDA know it's with a DWP decision maker because they wouldn't have that information. Have they told you the assessment report has been returned to DWP?
    A PIP award doesn't automatically entitle you to LCWRA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.