If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is artisticanna26!

Options
artisticanna26
artisticanna26 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone, I'm new to this group. Sorry to hear others lives are being affected by antisocial behaviour but good to know I'm not alone. I'm beginning to feel at my wit's end. I have bipolar disorder and a stoma as well as IBS and try to have a quiet life and manage my conditions. I have two women who live next door and next door but one whose behaviour troubles me greatly. Both of them are verbally abusive to their children and when I reported it they have began a vendetta against me. It started with sending me to Coventry, shouting about me, throwing things into my garden and has progressed to throwing stuff onto my front door. They set up chairs out the front and hang out in the carpark so I have to walk past them when I go in and out. I had to put up a high fence as I was being glared at when I was in my own back garden. I have tried very hard to ignore as much as possible, this has been going on for several years  but yesterday I went to speak to them to find out who had vandalised my front door. Needless to say it turned into an argument. I am quite proud of myself for saying a few home truths and standing up for myself. I've been getting upset for so long and living with the bullying and having to listen to the swearing and shouting at the poor kids. I've raised my concerns with the police and been told to log everything and complained to the housing association. I'm trying to find ways to keep calm now. I have a little dog and find walking her and cuddling her helps. 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,471 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hi @artisticanna26 welcome to the forum. Well they sound a pleasant bunch to live next to. Keep doing all the logs. Also report to police as necessary, do the housing association know about the police involvement? Have you thought of getting a camera to record the abuse?
    Hopefully someone takes action on them soon. In the meantime take a look around d the site, always someone here to natter to  take your mind off things for awhile.
  • artisticanna26
    Options
    Thank you Sandy123. Your comments are much appreciated.  I will take your advice. I'm seriously thinking about CCTV front and back. It might be a good deterrent. I have emailed a complaint to the housing association. My local vicar was very supportive today and concerned about me and the children bless her. It was nice to have her to talk to. 
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Yes I think the cameras will give you proof also may make them think twice. Glad you have someone to talk to and knows about your situation. Hopefully the housing association will take it seriously. 
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    Yes I think the cameras will give you proof also may make them think twice. Glad you have someone to talk to and knows about your situation. Hopefully the housing association will take it seriously. 
    Hi,
    Gone are the easy days of being able to put up cameras; this area is now a minefield.  This has been taken from the Information Commissioners Office:
    "If you set up your system so it captures only images within the boundary of your private domestic property (including your garden), then the data protection laws will not apply to you.
    But what if your system captures images of people outside the boundary of your private domestic property – for example, in neighbours’ homes or gardens, shared spaces, or on a public footpath or a street?
    Then the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA18) will apply to you, and you will need to ensure your use of CCTV complies with these laws. This guidance refers to them as the ‘data protection laws’."
    Andy

• Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    I’m sorry that you’re having problems with some of your neighbours @artisticanna26
    I hope that it help you to talk about it on here.
    Keep a diary of any occurrences and ring the police again if anything escalates. 
    Can other neighbours support you with this issue, I think most people are nice and will often help folk out. 
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    @Cartini I don't know about the regulations  well, roughly, alot of people have door ring bell cameras now. That have been used to find people, who have tryed to steal their cars and break Ins. 
  • Kimmylou89
    Kimmylou89 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    @artisticanna26 sorry to hear this I my self have a ring door bell camera on my front door which came in really handy a couple of months ago as again as you have issues with my neighbour under us for the last 5 and half years she has made mine and my familys life hell from calling social services on me and my husband for child abuse, accused my husband of being a wife beater and to the point reported us to are local council for 2 years non stop for noise complaints 117 pages of complaints they received in 2 years to the point the council gave my children and asbo for noise in there own home it all come to a head couple of months ago when her partner came up to my front door and kicked off while my kids was sleeping it woke two of them up my husband asked them both to leave my front in which the boyfriend of hers throw a pouch at him but missed in self defence my husband punched him back it was all cought on my camera he also threatened to come back up with a knife and make my kids watch him kill there father in front of them he did come back an hour later with a rolling pin but was arrested in stead my council refused to give me a management move even thou she still lives below me all you can do is the same thing as me rec everything and ask your council for a daily diary to rec everything in it they might then put rhem under investigation for anti social behaviour as every council should have a department tha deals with this I hope this has helped you and little bit and know your not the only one living in fear of going out xx
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    @Cartini I don't know about the regulations  well, roughly, alot of people have door ring bell cameras now. That have been used to find people, who have tryed to steal their cars and break Ins. 

They do, and they fall into the same trap.
    I was going to have a doorbell / camera installed, but GDPR would cause more grief than goo.
  • Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    I think the best way forward is to keep a diary. 
  • artisticanna26
    Options
    So sorry Kimmylou89 bless your hearts for having all that to deal with. The violence! What a nightmare. How traumatic for your children. Sending my sympathy. 
  • artisticanna26
    Options
    Hi everyone, just wanted to report that there have been no new dramas thankfully. CCTV going up today but I will make sure it is only showing my property. Thanks for the heads-up Cartini. A few new cigarette ends have been thrown over which is a bit annoying but not life threatening. I'm trying to dig deep and be forgiving. Been doing some reading about forgiveness and it's helpful. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @artisticanna26, and you can probably already tell that's a welcoming and supportive place to spend time. 

It sounds like you're doing all the right things to stay safe, as well as to look after your mental health. I hope the community can act as a support for you if you need it to. It's positive to hear that the CCTV is going up today, and that you've been able to reach out to your vicar. I'm glad the reading you've been doing is also helping. 

Keep taking a log of everything that happens, and as always, if you feel in immediate danger, call 999 right away. 

It's lovely to see you're able to support @Kimmylou89 with what she's been going through, and that you can support each other.

I'm sorry to hear about how you're feeling @Kimmylou89 it must be really tough going being afraid to leave the house. Are you able to get everything you need and access enough support for yourself and your family?

If we can do anything further to support either of you, please do ask. We're here to support you. 

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • artisticanna26
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement Alex. It's nice to have support from the scope community. CCTV has now been installed by my tech savvy son. It's very sensitive to sound as well as motion which will be useful for any verbal antisocial stuff. It's already been very entertaining to watch the pets! It's going to be fun to have cat cam trained on the garden and you never know I might get some wildlife footage. Every cloud has a silver lining!
  • artisticanna26
    Options
    Good news to report so far. The intervention of the housing officer, the community support police and the CCTV seems to have resolved the antisocial behaviour. All on best behaviour. Long may it last. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,129 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm glad things have settled down for you @artisticanna26 and you're able to get some peace at home now without the antisocial behaviour.

Has the CCTV picked up any wildlife footage too?
    Community Manager
    Scope
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.