Cost of living payment. Confused?! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cost of living payment. Confused?!

Options
lbjc9478
lbjc9478 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I'm a bit confused. My partner claims esa (I'm on his claim) and I claim the child tax credits(he's listed on the claim)
I think he received COL payment a few weeks ago.. 
Would that mean I'll get the the next one as I'm on tax credits I've read so many different things about it all it's frazzled my brain and I'm just confusing myself the more I'm reading into it
Hope what I'm saying makes sense
Tia 😊

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,555 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No, you will not receive the £326 from Tax Credits. The £326 your partner received was for you both to share. If you get tax credits from HMRC and a low income benefit from DWP, you will get a Cost of Living Payment from DWP only.
    Your next payment of £324 will be paid sometime in the Autumn. Full details here. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @lbjc9478 and I hope the above reply has helped to answer things for you. 

Is there anything else you're still unsure about now?

If you'd like to have a look around the rest of the forum please do feel free, here's a few of the best places to get started:

• Recent discussions is where you'll find all the latest conversations our members are having
    • The categories page shows all the different topics for discussion
    • The virtual coffee lounge is a place to chat, get to know other members, and play games too

I hope you're having a good weekend, and please don't hesitate to reach out of you need anything.

Alex

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.