If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is holbert1986!

Options
holbert1986
holbert1986 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I just wanted to know if there's anyone else who has got this invisible disability like myself I was wrongly treated by social services and I think that some thing should be done about the way they treat people I would like to get other people to join me to go and stop what they are doing to vulnerable adults like myself who also had a bad time in violent relationships both mentally and physically abused I want to get more awareness and get it out to the public about how they were treating me it was wrong and I would like to know how I can get them done for what they did to me (social services) plz anyone who can advise me on this what direction to i take! 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     I would like to know how I can get them done for what they did to me
    You need to speak to a solicitor about that for legal advice, some will give 30 minutes for free.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @holbert1986 :) 

I'm so sorry to hear about the abuse you've experienced. I've sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk to see how we can support you, so please do keep an eye out for that.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @holbert1986, welcome to the community.
    I agree with @poppy123456 and @Tori_Scope that you should sick legal help. In many cities are law centres supporting people on benefits. 
    Can I ask what type of invisible disability do you have ? 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.