If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long will it take to heat back about PIP MR?

Options
DD91
DD91 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
edited September 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I sent off my MR letter on Thursday does anyone know how long it will take to hear back? I live in Scotland if that makes any difference with waiting times. Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    2-12 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • DD91
    Options
    Thank you I’m hoping it will be done for Christmas but not getting my hopes up 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @DD91 Only just over 20% of MR decisions change an award so unlikely but still possible. Tribunal success rates are much better at over 70% so I would definitely advise you to go down that route should your award not change.

• DD91
    Options
    bg844 said:
    @DD91 Only just over 20% of MR decisions change an award so unlikely but still possible. Tribunal success rates are much better at over 70% so I would definitely advise you to go down that route should your award not change.

I’m definitely going to, I just hate waiting and With losing money during this cost of living crisis is awful 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Keep us updated when you hear more @DD91, and I'm sure you are certainly not alone in your concerns over the cost of living crisis.

It's something our members have had many discussions about, in places like the Coffee Lounge and Disability Rights and Campaigning, so feel free to have a look and join in if you would like to. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • DD91
    Options
    Will they text me when they have received my MR? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Not always.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • DD91
    Options
    Sorry another question, my PIP got stopped on 15th August but on the 31st of August I got money from them, was this money they owed me? I got £147.94 Usually I would have gotten £345 ish thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    DD91 said:
    Sorry another question, my PIP got stopped on 15th August but on the 31st of August I got money from them, was this money they owed me? I got £147.94 Usually I would have gotten £345 ish thanks 
    It could be money they owe you. To know for sure, you would need to ring PIP.

• DD91
    Options
    I received a text today they have my MR I really hope it goes in my favour but I know the odds aren’t great, I really don’t want to have to go to a tribunal 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck @DD91. I can hear how you are not feeling the odds are great at the moment though. That sounds really tough.

What, if anything, might help this to feel more manageable for you at the moment? We are here for you if we can do anything to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • DD91
    Options
    Good luck @DD91. I can hear how you are not feeling the odds are great at the moment though. That sounds really tough.

What, if anything, might help this to feel more manageable for you at the moment? We are here for you if we can do anything to support you  :)
    Thank you 
  • Tishat121
    Tishat121 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    My MR took 5 weeks 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @DD91 You are welcome. How are you doing at the moment? I hope you are well but if we can do anything else to support you please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you  :)

@Tishat121 Thanks for sharing your experience with us. How are you doing at the moment? I hope you are well but if we can do anything to support you please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.