Hi, my name is gem467!anyone ever been awarded the enhanced mobility rate but nothing for the living

Options
gem467
gem467 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there, has anyone ever been awarded the enhanced mobility rate but nothing for the living? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,318 Championing
    Options
    Yes, it's possible to be awarded any part of PIP. If you disagree with the decision you can challenge that by requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR) You have 1 month from the date of the decision to reuqest it but with good reason you do have 13 months.
    You should put your request in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. Timescales for MR is between 2-12 weeks. The most likely outcome is the decision will remain the same. If this happens you can proceed to Tribunal.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,022 Championing
    Options
    I haven't but I'm sure others have and pretty sure I saw another person on here that had the same decision. Will you be appealing it @gem467?
  • gem467
    gem467 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I will be appealing it because I am epileptic. And I’m at risk with cooking and even bathing as I only have a bath in my current address I’m awaiting a transfer, I was awarded high accessible housing 7 months ago. 
  • Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 485 Empowering
    Options
    Good afternoon @gem467 and welcome to the online community. 

To answer your question - it is possible but is quite unusual.  If you think you should have been awarded the daily living component you can challenge the PIP decision by requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration as poppy has said.  It is likely that the decision will not be revised at this stage and you may need to  appeal to the tribunal where many claimants are successful. 

As an epileptic you will need to explain how the risk of seizures effect the way you carry out your daily living activities.  Do you need someone with you, or  at least in the house, if you are showering or when you are preparing food in case you have a seizure. Do you rely on having someone with you as they know what to do and how to keep you safe if you have a seizure. 

If you'd like to have a look at the rest of the forum, you can find all the latest conversations in our recent discussions category, all the different topics in our categories page, and you can meet and chat with other members over in our virtual coffee lounge too.

Let us know if you need a hand with anything, and I hope you enjoy spending time here.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,318 Championing
    Options
    I don't think it's as rare as you say it is. I've heard of many people to be awarded just the mobility part. A friend on mine was also just awarded Enhanced mobility, i know her in person. I helped her with her MR, which went in her favour and she was then awarded standard daily living as well.