Very painful sitting. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Very painful sitting.

Options
flatcap
flatcap Community member Posts: 7 Listener
I'm in my wheelchair throughout the day, and it makes for wincingly painful sitting all the time without being able to shuffle from it. The pain is from the area between the bottom edge of the pelvis and the back part of my buttocks. But it must be from vertical pressure because when I go to bed it ceases completely....then, if I press those places that through the day were so troubling, there's nothing tender at all anymore What do you think it might be? I've tried about 30 different cushions to no advantage. 
Thanks for your time.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Good afternoon @flatcap and welcome to the online community

I am sorry that you are in so much pain at the moment and I am sure that your experiences with resonate with many in our community and they may be able to give some insight and advice. Is your GP or consultant supportive and given you any specific advice ? Sometimes the advice isn't particularly well customised for the individual and it is given on a one size fits all basis which is seldom appropriate. 

If you'd like to have a look at the rest of the forum, you can find all the latest conversations in our 
    recent discussions category, all the different topics in our categories page, and you can meet and chat with other members over in our virtual coffee lounge too.

Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Snap I'm the same I try to sit in armchair or on sofa as much as possible but if you can't transfer om not sure what you can do 

Would a rise and recline chair be any good 

I have started doing wheelchair exercises which are helping 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't know a lot about wheelchairs as I don't use one, so sorry if my suggestion sounds stupid, but wonder if it could be that the seat isn't right for you, maybe height or position. I know certain seats I get a similar sounding pain and I've found it's the angle it tilts my pelvis at. 

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,063 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've reported the above post ada just do what's best for you
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 408 Pioneering
    Options
    Are you struggling with acute/chronic pains/Fibromyalgia/spine/arthritis and other related chronic disease? 
         we have varieties of Herbal pain management products rich in natural herbs. We offer products with zero side effects, 99.9% effective in eradicating chronic and acute pain, Firbromyalgia, spine problems and many other chronic illnesses. Leaving you in perfect shape. If you are here suffering with any type of chronic, acute pains, fibromyalgia, arthritis, spine problem etc.. trust us with your chronic illnesses, we got solution and we wish to share with you. You don't need any surgery, you don't need to be embarrassed by any doctor or find yourself pleading for a doctor script to refill you rx relief meds. With natural solution, you are secured from addict, side effects, chemical reactions. Stay Legal, Stay Safe and Get Treated permanently.  Pv me for details

Please please do not pm whoever this is. Personally I think this is against forum rules. 

Imo they're totally wrong coming on this forum and personally I think they're touting for business.

I come here to rant, get advice and basically just talk with my new online forum buddies not to see someone trying to take advantage of people who are ill and in pain.

Apologies if this is not the case but I had to warn others, as I would never forgive myself if someone bought meds that were not suitable/dangerous  etc or bought something that was as useful as a chocolate teapot.
    Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,118 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Totally with you @Sandy_123 & @Binky1234 - I had also reported this poster's comments on several discussions. It certainly is an advertising link to an American site touting at least one product which would not be legal in the UK; I didn't look further. I also seriously doubt their claims; we should always be guided first & foremost by our Drs instead. I hope the Scope team totally remove their posts as they're neither correct nor helpful to the community.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.