If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking on advice about pip an update on medical condition

Options

Comments

• juju10
    juju10 Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    Options
    Ok poppy many thanks for replying it was an awful assessment to be fair I had awful stress an anxiety on telephone which she could tell as she paused assement for a while because I already suffered a stroke an have high blood pressure was bad for a few days after too…since stroke memory etc been affected so have to wait now 🙏
  • juju10
    Options
    Also has anyone else experienced an assessor pausing the assessment due to anxiety an stress an told them to breathe through nose out through mouth for 5mins or so an what was outcome of this when they received their decision many thanks for any help 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don’t think it’s possible to speculate anything at this stage based on that information. There’s 12 activities for PIP which include things such as washing/dressing/preparing food/budgeting etc etc. 
    The report would have been written with their opinion based on your form, evidence and what you said during the assessment. 
    Try and focus on something else while you wait for the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • juju10
    Options
    Ok thank you I supplied all my evidence from neurosurgeon will keep all updated found this site to be a blessing thank you ♥️
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @juju10. It is the very least you deserve.

Wishing you the best of luck! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything else, we are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • juju10
    Options
    Hi an update I received my assessment report today an checked off the points what they have issued it works out to daily living 10points an mobility also 10points….I was previously receiving pip an had enhanced rate care only as I scored 12points so only difference I can see was two points not being awarded on taking nutrition any help much appreciated 😊
  • poppy123456
    Options
    juju10 said:
    Hi an update I received my assessment report today an checked off the points what they have issued it works out to daily living 10points an mobility also 10points….I was previously receiving pip an had enhanced rate care only as I scored 12points so only difference I can see was two points not being awarded on taking nutrition any help much appreciated 😊

That would indicate standard for both, which would be £86.30/week or £345.20 every 4 weeks. Your current award is £92.40/week or £369.60 every 4 weeks. Therefore if they go with the report your amount will be slightly reduced.
    Once the decision is made, if you're not happy you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • juju10
    Options
    Ok poppy many thanks on this what happens if you request a m/r when you receive your decision do they stop all payments of pip ? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Any award you have will continue to be paid while you wait for the MR decision. Same applies for Tribunal.
  • juju10
    Options
    hi can I ask as previous I received enhanced rate care an since my review as I have other health issues now this time I wasn’t awarded points on using an aid to take nutrition an also an aid to take an receive medication in form of dosette for my medication even when I said I have purchased special grip cutlery as I had a stroke an affected my left hand /arm etc plus this being my dominant hand an now situation lot harder as right hand suffering carpel tunnel an o/a in right thumb so have numbness an pain fingers an thumb so purchased these to help with grip etc it’s written on report I mentioned it but no award on points like before an no point on medication?? Looking for advice many thanks 😊 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Once a decision is made if you're not happy you can challenge that by first requesting the MR.
  • juju10
    Options
    thank you so much it’s lovely you get advice on here such a massive boost especially since suffering my stroke an struggling to go places an see people for advice so scope online is a god send thank you 😊 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @juju10. It is the very least you deserve and I am glad to hear you think of the space so positively. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • juju10
    Options
    Hi all have an update on my pip just spoke to helpline an it seems they went against assessment report on daily living an awarded me enhanced rate when my hp only awarded 10points an also been awarded low rate mobility so all in all a positive pip result very helpful in telephone said decision was made yesterday an he read out letter to me 😊
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Great news!
  • juju10
    Options
    Yes definitely great news an really shocked they went against the report obviously looked at all relevant information I sent in too always worth submitting all you can thanks for all help an advice on here been amazing 😊👏🏻
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @juju10 That's good to hear  :) I imagine you're feeling a lot of relief, well done for getting through the assessment! I hope the additional money will help.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • juju10
    Options
    @Cher_Scope thank you yes lot of relief always a help in here though very much appreciated!
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Glad you are feeling relieved @juju10. It is the very least you deserve.

If we can do anything else to help please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)

• whalkwy786
    whalkwy786 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Hi everyone just want to say thank u for us support I have received text today from dwp say I've been awarded pip just have to wait for decision letter to come in 2 weeks wat I don't understand is I got call from decision maker on 3rd of August  saying dat I have been approved for pip letter will come in 1 week now text i rang dwp for pip form on10 may sent forms bak on 31 May and got fone cosulation on 22of July and then calll from decision maker on 3 of August now this text still no payment or letter am stressed wats going on can somone explain 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.