PIP . What happens next? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP . What happens next?

Options
XZaharaX
XZaharaX Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited September 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Kívánok mindenkinek boldog szép napot. A nevem Erika. Asperger-szindrómás felnőtt vagyok. A mozgásom károsodott. Ezért jelentkeztem a PIP-re. Ma kaptam ezt az üzenetet. "Köszönjük, hogy elküldte nekünk a "Hogyan érinti fogyatékossága" űrlapot. Előfordulhat, hogy döntésünk meghozatala előtt részt kell vennie egy egészségügyi szakemberrel. Ha igen, akkor újra felvesszük Önnel a kapcsolatot. Kérjük, hívjon minket, ha valamelyik az Ön által megadott adatok megváltoztak." Mi történik ezután? Mennyi ideig tart a fizetés? Nagyon szépen köszönöm előre is a segítséget!

Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @XZaharaX :) Welcome to the community! 

We're a charity based in England and Wales, so we use English as our primary language here on the community. Is typing in English a possibility for you? 

I used Google Translate to translate your post, and I think it says the following:
    I wish everyone a happy and beautiful day. My name is Erika. I am an adult with Asperger syndrome. My movement is impaired. That's why I applied for PIP. I received this message today. "Thank you for sending us the How Your Disability Affects You form. You may need to see a healthcare professional before we can make a decision. If so, we will get back to you. Please call us if any of the information you provided has changed ." What happens next? How long does the payment take? Thank you very much in advance for your help!
    I've removed your surname from your post, as we don't allow personal details to be posted on the community.

In terms of your PIP claim, you may hear back from them to organise an assessment. This can take place face to face, on the phone, or by video call. They sometimes do a paper based assessment instead.

The assessments aren't done by the DWP. The assessor will send their report to the DWP. A decision maker from the DWP will then make a decision on what you should be awarded based on the report, and the evidence you provided in your forms.

It can take a little while to get an assessment unfortunately, but I hope it's not too long of a wait for you!

In this assessment, they'll ask you some questions about how your condition affects you, in line with the descriptors.

After the assessment, you'll then have to wait to receive a decision letter. This will outline what you've been awarded. If you're successful with your claim, the payment often arrives before the decision letter.

If your claim isn't successful, there are opportunities to challenge the decision.

Are you happy with the evidence you provided in your forms?

I hope that all makes sense! Please do let us know if there's anything you're still feeling unsure about. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW Community member Posts: 355 Pioneering
    edited September 2022
    Options
  • ShirleyW
    edited September 2022
    Options
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Would you like me to delete your comment for you instead @shirleyw

I think @xzaharax's post was written in Hungarian :)

• XZaharaX
    Options
    Írja be 

Thank you very much for your help and answer!  I am very grateful for it.  I apologize for the serious error in the post!  I'm very stressed and I made mistakes.  I'm an autistic adult with Asperger's syndrome, and I'm Hungarian, that's why this happened.  I apologize to everyone.

• ShirleyW
    Options
    Would you like me to delete your comment for you instead @shirleyw

I think @xzaharax's post was written in Hungarian :)
    Thanks Tori.  I've managed to edit them now on my laptop.  My phone was having a silly moment!  :#
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Don't worry @XZaharaX! Did my comment help to clear that up for you? 

We have a few members who also have autism. We have a category for discussions relating to autism and neurodiversity, which you might like to visit :) 

• XZaharaX
    Options

Yes!  Thank you very much, I got a lot of help from you!  Thank you for understanding

• Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Good morning @XZaharaX and a warm welcome from me too.  I'm glad you are finding the forum useful.  Is there anything further you would like help with? 
    Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • XZaharaX
    Options
    I wish everyone a happy day!  I hope everyone is having a good day.  Thank you very much for your help and thank you very much for being here.🙂🤍🙏
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for your kindness @XZaharaX. Our help is the very least you deserve.

I hope you are having happy days too. If we can do anything else to help please don't hesitate to let us know  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.