Access to work assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Access to work assessment

Options
delight2107
delight2107 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
edited November 2022 in Work and employment
I had an access to work assessment who recommended 1 day maximum at work, yet my employer is ignoring and asking me to cover 2 days when colleagues are on leave?
Tagged:

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @delight2107. Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you?

Thanks for already finding the courage to reach out to us. I can hear how difficult it is for you that the access to work recommendations aren't being followed.

How comfortable do you feel talking to your line manager about this? It's just one suggestion but talking to someone might hopefully help. 

Occupational health is another potential route! If we can do anything else to support you further please don't hesitate to let us know.

We are all here for you. You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • delight2107
    Options
    Thank you, not possible to engage with office manager given my previous oh report from Jan 22 recommended home working or a maximum of 2 days at office and therefore they are ignoring recommendations in access to work report. Furthermore their main focus is to ensure office cover and not what impact attendance at the office has on me. My gp suggested further oh review following access to work report and they have ignored, so not possible to get another referral, in addition my colleague is becoming hostile.
  • Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,607 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you, not possible to engage with office manager given my previous oh report from Jan 22 recommended home working or a maximum of 2 days at office and therefore they are ignoring recommendations in access to work report. Furthermore their main focus is to ensure office cover and not what impact attendance at the office has on me. My gp suggested further oh review following access to work report and they have ignored, so not possible to get another referral, in addition my colleague is becoming hostile.
    Are you in a trades union?
    If not - have you considered joining one for support? 
  • delight2107
    Options
    Yes going for further oh to define paragraph and contacted union today, thanks so much
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How are things going @delight2107?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • delight2107
    Options
    Not good my employer is telling me my colleagues are unhappy about my working arrangements and they want equality. I am being viewed now as unflexible as I am not able to work in a team as they would like me to, referral to oh reflects this
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This sounds really difficult @delight2107. I can hear how it might make you feel not good.

Would anything, in particular, help this to feel more manageable for you at the moment? We are here with you and listening to you.

I can hear you have a referral to OH. How are you feeling about this at the moment?

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to help you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • delight2107
    Options
    Thanks so much. My mental health has been impacted and I feel very low and helpless. To be fair I am very upset and I am struggling. I feel my managers and colleagues are very insensitive and unsupportive. I am very anxious as to how things will unfold and what pressure I will come under. My gp has instructed I remain at home until settled. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that @delight2107. I can see why this would be affecting your mental health. 

Is your GP supporting you with your mental health?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • delight2107
    Options
    As all of this has only materialised over the last 1.5 weeks so my gp does not want to issue any medication just yet, I hope to be able to speak to the union rep before oh review. I am at a loss as to why reas adjustment were made for disability and health condition early this year only to be told now that I am not flexible within the team and they are unhappy about attending 1 day more per week each at the office, and therefore it must be acknowledged so that change can be made to improve the moral of my team members so that we can work fairly, my gp said I cannot be treated the same as I am not the same? I am uncertain who is managing and who has say the team or the management and why the managers cannot tell them that unfortunately this is the way it is, but instead as they want what the team members want too they are singing from the same hymn sheet.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.