Hi to all. I've seen the cardiologist — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi to all. I've seen the cardiologist

Options
Sparklebright63
Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
I have seen the Cardiologist and been put on betablockers have to go for my scans on the 5th of October I had to contact the cardiology dept at the hospital as I didn't recive my letters from them not good enough.

I also have a gtn spray to use for chest pain.

Sparklebright63

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry that you had to contact them yourself @Sparklebright63, but am glad that you got an appointment in the end :) 

How are you getting on with the spray? 

How are you feeling about the scans?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Sparklebright63
    Options
    Hi to all,

I had Chest Pain earlier but it feels like inflammation when I press it feels sore so think I will have to make another appointment with Gp.
    I don't like the Gnt spray it's awful but I have used it My blood Sugars Are Really High been like this for Weeks empagaflozin not Helping at All.

Sparklebright63.

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sparklebright63 glad things are on the move for you hopefully things will be good with your scan,
    when you said you didn't receive the clinics letters were you expecting them through the post or via email ?
  • Sparklebright63
    Options
    Via Post didn't recive until after I contacted them to ask where my letters were I cannot belive they R so Slow in contacting people.

Sparklebright63.
  • Sparklebright63
    Options
    Hi to you.

I did get letters by text but cancelled them as when I had to put number in to read them it wasn't the correct one due to it not being done properly at the hospital end complicating things eg I didn't get to read the letters was very annoying.

Sparklebright63
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Just wondering now if it's the hospitals fault or royal mails with these letters, wouldn't it be great if we had a text or something to say to expect a letter.
    I have had a few letters sent via email, with no problems - so worrying when your expecting appointments.
  • Sparklebright63
    Options
    Hi to all,

Just an update from Yesterday woke up on the night with Chest pain again had gtn spray didn't help
    Tried to sleep when I woke up 2nd time still same used more spray phoned doctors they said I had to go to a& e which I did .

They did all the usual tests ect and Said I have costochronditis in my chest take pain killers and codine but it dosnt suit me.
    So will make appointment at doctors

I  sure this condition is to do with Rheumatiod arthritis where will I find out

Chest still sore and I have this other places so I am not right happy 😔 at the moment.

I am also sweating right bad day and night clothes pjs wet.

Sparklebright63

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Sparklebright63 I'm sorry to hear what's happened overnight, that must be quite upsetting.

How are you feeling now, have you got someone with you?

Did you say when they told you to take pain killers and codeine that they don't suit you? Did they suggest anything else which might help?

I wonder would setting up a fan at night help with the sweating do you think? Or perhaps some lighter bedsheets?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Hi @Sparklebright63 sorry to hear about your night, hope your feeling better now, might be an idea to talk things over with your Doctor, have you tried sleeping with your pillow more up right, just an idea.
  • Sparklebright63
    Options
    Hi to you.

I carnt sleep like that it's not comfortable as I have rheumatiod arthritis.

Sparklebright63.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for explaining @Sparklebright63, do you think a thinner bed sheet or lighter pjs would help?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.