Hi, my name is serenakc! Why has my SDP been backdated so far back?

serenakc
serenakc Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi 
I was recently awarded my server care element back on my pip. I was told by esa I would be awarded back my sdp from 5th of may this year but when I called they said they are looking back from 2020. I don’t know what 2020 has to do with this years claim. They asked if I have been in hospital for 28 days or more since 2020 which I have not. Would anyone know why they would be going back this far? I did call esa but all they could tell me is that it’s being looked back in from 2020. Any comments or advice would be appreciated. Serena 😊

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,145 Championing
    The severe disability premium can be backdated to the date you became entitled to it. If you lived alone or classed as living alone and received daily living PIP or DLA mid/high rate care back in 2020 then that's when you'll be entitled from.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,443 Championing
    Welcome to the community @serenakc :) Thank you for joining, and for asking your question.

Has poppy123456's comment cleared that up for you? Turn2Us have some information on this, which you might like to read.

I hope that this is good news for you? 
  • serenakc
    serenakc Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    @poppy123456 thank you for your reply. I didn’t think they could backdate that far. If they do that would be a great help. Yes I was entitled to it back in 2020. I was confused when I rung them and they said they was looking back to 2020 and if I had been in hospital over this period which I have not. Yes I live in my own also. Would be a great help if they backdated my sdp from 2020. Fingers crossed 🤞
  • poppy123456
    I think the most I’ve known it be backdated to is several years. 
  • hass
    hass Community member Posts: 193 Empowering
    Hi all
    Does anyone know the rate for 
    Single claimant on ESA INCOME RELATED  is in the support group
  • poppy123456
    hass said:
    Hi all
    Does anyone know the rate for 
    Single claimant on ESA INCOME RELATED  is in the support group
    Without SDP £135.35 weekly or £270.70 fortnightly.
    With SDP £204.35/week or £408.70 fortnightly.
  • hass
    hass Community member Posts: 193 Empowering
    Thanks for that .
    My SDP  may be in correct.

Or maybe not
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,925 Championing
    That sounds confusing @hass. How are you feeling about things at the moment?  :)